E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Driver window squeaking- which lubricant to use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E
Driver window squeaking- which lubricant to use?

My window rubs on the back window, and squeaks when going down. If I put the rear window down, it doesn't make any noise.

Which type of lubricant does Mercedes use for windows? I would take it to the dealer, but it's about an hour away.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
I don't know which lubricant to recommend but, before trying that I would try doing a window reset. Follow the procedure outlined in your owner's manual.

If that doesn't help, I would have a technician check for proper operation of the windows. As you know, they have a unique way of working together to insure a tight seal and lack of rattles. If all is up to spec there should be no squeaking or binding.

If the problem is not solved, then someone else here or the technician who examines the windows will undoubtedly recommend a lubricant. I just wouldn't want to cover up a possibly more serious problem with lubricant.

Please advise how you resolve the issue.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E
My rear left window does not automatically go up anymore. I'm thinking it needs to be reset? I'll try it tomorrow and report back.