E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

iphone connected via bluetooth but no audio streaming?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Class Coupe
iphone connected via bluetooth but no audio streaming?

I recently purchased an e class coupe with what seems the basic audio system, however it does have bluetooth connection and have managed to get my phone connected for the purpose of making and receiving calls. for what ever reason (maybe not possible) but i can not get my music to play through the bluetooth the only way i am able to play music off my iphone is through the aux cable located in the glovebox :/ if anyone could help would be very much appreciated.

thanks guys
Old 08-07-2013, 08:26 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Tommy,

It would be helpful to know what year your car is, however your problem has a simple solution. You need to update your Comand software to allow Bluetooth audio streaming. If you check the forums you'll find instructions on how to activate Bluetooth streaming using the engineering menu. Once that is done Bluetooth streaming will be a menu choice that you can use to pair your iPhone... yes you need to pair it for making calls *and* Bluetooth streaming. If you have problems with Bluetooth your car needs a software update which you can get at any MB dealer. Dealers vary on whether they'll do this. It helps to have a friend in service that will do it under warranty.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:37 AM

E Class Coupe
Originally Posted by hillcreative
Tommy,

It would be helpful to know what year your car is, however your problem has a simple solution. You need to update your Comand software to allow Bluetooth audio streaming. If you check the forums you'll find instructions on how to activate Bluetooth streaming using the engineering menu. Once that is done Bluetooth streaming will be a menu choice that you can use to pair your iPhone... yes you need to pair it for making calls *and* Bluetooth streaming. If you have problems with Bluetooth your car needs a software update which you can get at any MB dealer. Dealers vary on whether they'll do this. It helps to have a friend in service that will do it under warranty.
Hi there, the car is a 2009 (59 plate). i dont suppose you have a link for for anyone that has done this and there is a guide to follow? anyhow thank you for the reply and i will get to work looking on how i can do it hopefully i can resolve the this without an update from mb.

thanks tom
Old 08-07-2013, 03:59 PM

E Class Coupe
if anyone could help would be great, if it cant be done think will just upgrade to a better interface.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 AM

E Class Coupe
Yeah from the reading up and research i have done i dont think it is possible with the 2009 model, however i did give it a go getting into the engineering mode to see what i can find and will show you a step by step picture guide of what i manged to get to.

Fist step got into the engineering mode. went to the bottom and clicked on 'ExtPlayer'.

This then came up and went onto bluetooth audio.

This then appeared where i pressed next.

Then this one so i did the same again in the top right hand corner.

And then finally got to this which was set to off so i changed to ON but nothing has changed and no audio through bluetooth

looks like it just cant be done, anyone got a new system for sale they want to sell ha.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:29 PM

E Class Coupe
People?