E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E550 biturbo - performance jukies info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghibli SQ4
E550 biturbo - performance jukies info

After installing the prior design kit I was very excited to use the car, but not because of the kit (only) but because I had done a renntech software (510hp/585tq) to my car while in the process...

Since Its been hard for me to find how fast and E550 Biturbo could be, I decided I wanted to write this so anyone can have real info, based on real results in the real world...

First of all the car has so much more low end torque, you just step on it a little bit and it lights up the tires inmediately, it feels very nice, very responsive.

Its very fast on top to, even though I feel that on higher RPMs the car reduces the boost significantly and it dies a little, as soon as it changes gear you feel the boost coming in again, this reduces the usable powerband since you die on top and then have to build boost again from the other gear on. But I guess thats the way internal wastegate turbos work, so it wont be easy to correct.

Traction is kinda bad, this cars tranny definitaly is not a sport one by any means, so as soon as you start to spin alot, the car changes to 2nd gear, while leaving you in a "space between 1st to 2nd" which makes you lose alot of time while racing against others.

In comparison to other cars this is what I can say, Ive raced 4 cars now and this is what I can say:

2014 E63S AMG w/renntech tune 700hp: Rolling from second (because of what I previously described), we accelerate, at the moment I can hold for 1-2 seconds, then it start pulling very hard like 1-2 cars per gear, so I could say it puts 6+ cars on the coupe by 130-140mph. This thing is a beast it went head to head with a 2013 Viper GTS..

2014 ML63 AMG w/eurotek tune 685hp: Rolling from second we are very close all the race, even though the ML creates a slight lead everytime I shift so at the end of a 30mph-120mph race, the ML is like 3/4 car lenght upfront the coupe.

2014 A45 AMG w/renntech tune 410hp: Rolling from second we start and the A holds up until 80-90mph then the coupe starts pulling from it and by 120-130mph its 1-2 cars lenght infront of the A.

2010 GTR full bolt ons at 11psi: This could be a little quicker than a stock GTR at this boost levels, 2nd gear roll we accelerate and the GTR makes a 1 car jump very quickly and starts pulling very slowly creating by 120mph a 2-2 1/2 car lenght distance.

At the end I can conclude from this, the coupe with the software is a very fast car, considering its a non AMG product, it is way faster than a stock C63AMG, a bit slower than a full bolt on C63AMG (headers, intakes, etc). Faster than a stock ML63AMG biturbo, M3 e92, 991 Carrera S, and loots of other fast cars there with a difference that is very comfortable and very elegant.

I say this is a must for all biturbo owners.

P.S. All of this was done without the Sport button ON and wihtout a wheel sensor connected so I could disable the traction control.

Last edited by msr1; 03-02-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-01-2014, 11:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c250 coupe .2012 e550 coupe
[QUOTE="msr1;5959102"]After installing the prior design kit I was very excited to use the car, but not because of the kit (only) but because I had done a renntech software (510hp/585tq) to my car while in the process... Since Its been hard for me to find how fast and E550 Biturbo could be, I decided I wanted to write this so anyone can have real info, based on real results in the real world... First of all the car has so much more low end torque, you just step on it a little bit and it lights up the tires inmediately, it feels very nice, very responsive. Its very fast on top to, even though I feel that on higher RPMs the car reduces the boost significantly and it dies a little, as soon as it changes gear you feel the boost coming in again, this reduces the usable powerband since you die on top and then have to build boost again from the other gear on. But I guess thats the way internal wastegate turbos work, so it wont be easy to correct. Traction is kinda bad, this cars tranny definitaly is not a sport one by any means, so as soon as you start to spin alot, the car changes to 2nd gear, while leaving you in a "space between 1st to 2nd" which makes you lose alot of time while racing against others. In comparison to other cars this is what I can say, Ive raced 4 cars now and this is what I can say: 2014 E63S AMG w/renntech tune 700hp: Rolling from second (because of what I previously described), we accelerate, at the moment I can hold for 1-2 seconds, then it start pulling very hard like 1-2 cars per gear, so I could say it puts 6+ cars on the coupe by 130-140mph. This thing is a beast it went head to head with a 2013 Viper GTS.. 2014 ML63 AMG w/renntech tune 685hp: Rolling from second we are very close all the race, even though the ML creates a slight lead everytime I shift so at the end of a 30mph-120mph race, the ML is like 3/4 car lenght upfront the coupe. 2014 A45 AMG w/renntech tune 410hp: Rolling from second we start and the A holds up until 80-90mph then the coupe starts pulling from it and by 120-130mph its 1-2 cars lenght infront of the A. 2010 GTR full bolt ons at 11psi: This could be a little quicker than a stock GTR at this boost levels, 2nd gear roll we accelerate and the GTR makes a 1 car jump very quickly and starts pulling very slowly creating by 120mph a 2-2 1/2 car lenght distance. At the end I can conclude from this, the coupe with the software is a very fast car, considering its a non AMG product, it is way faster than a stock C63AMG, a bit slower than a full bolt on C63AMG (headers, intakes, etc). Faster than a stock ML63AMG biturbo, M3 e92, 991 Carrera S, and loots of other fast cars there with a difference that is very comfortable and very elegant. I say this is a must for all biturbo owners.[/QUOT

Now am really excited to do the Renntech ecu tune. Thank u for this educational information well appreciated 💯💯💯💯
Old 03-01-2014, 11:36 AM

Mercedes E500 Coupé 2014
Thanks for the info, I just bought a 2014 Model of the E500 Coupe. There is a Pic in attachment. But what about the stock HP's?
Attached Thumbnails E550 biturbo - performance jukies info-2013-11-17-22.58.55.jpg  
Old 03-01-2014, 03:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C207 E500
interesting facts and congrats to your Rennetech tune..i had mine done at Eurocharged. Did you do a dyno after the ECU tune? I'm interested to see the number, thanks.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:02 PM

2012 e550 coupe and 2012 S550
Did you dyno prior to the tune and if so what were the numbers?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:20 AM

Ghibli SQ4
I havent dynoed the car, I will go, but honestly since its slower then our previous c63 I say it should do 420whp as a most on a dynojet.

Today ill do some v box runs, 0-60, 1/4mile, and 60-120 times ill post them later.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Ghibli SQ4
While reading this post https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...-1-4-mile.html

I wonder how did he turn off the traction control in his car? Theres not a single button to do that in my car..
Old 03-02-2014, 09:15 PM

2012 e550 coupe and 2012 S550
Originally Posted by msr1

I wonder how did he turn off the traction control in his car? Theres not a single button to do that in my car..
On the steering wheel, toggle to ESP and disable
Old 03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Yes it's through the instrument cluster!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe

You can disable the stability control with the steering wheel controls, but this does not disable traction control. To do that, you have to enter the engineering mode and put the ECU in dyno mode. Dyno mode didn't work so well last time at the track since it disables the torque-vectoring via ABS. Now that I have the LSD installed, I'll try it again - when the mid-Atlantic finally defrosts.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:32 PM

Ghibli SQ4
Originally Posted by nawlinstornado
You can disable the stability control with the steering wheel controls, but this does not disable traction control. To do that, you have to enter the engineering mode and put the ECU in dyno mode. Dyno mode didn't work so well last time at the track since it disables the torque-vectoring via ABS. Now that I have the LSD installed, I'll try it again - when the mid-Atlantic finally defrosts.
Man I really was hoping that you appeared back in the forums lol since i saw you where modifying your car to, and wanted to hear about your progress. Did you flashed the car? how many mph you are gettin in the 1/4 mile?

Well i can say that ive been manually disconecting the front left abs sensor and it disconnects the traction control completely. But let me tell you when the tires start to spin, this car thinks it has the speed to shift to 2nd, and when it shifts it feels very bad to the tranny.. i dont like what i feel or hear..

I saw you had trapped 115 stock, i tried the v box and the best i got was 112.5., with a 0-60 of 4.0.... with renntech tune.. dont know if its my gas here, or the unplugged cam sensor i have, i dont know.. kinda disapoiting..
Old 03-14-2014, 02:39 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
There's no need to disconnect any sensors. As I mentioned, you can turn off ECS in the dash at any time. And if you don't have a mechanical LSD, don't use DYNO mode since it will disable traction control and only makes things worse.

My times were the result of a few things. First, the temperature and humidity were damn great at the track. Second, wider (albeit all-season) tires. Third, a launch-prepped drag strip. Fourth, practice. Getting the launch just right (you should have a very short 'chirp' of the tires) takes a little experimentation and will change for each road surface. Precise modulation of the throttle, proper loading of the torque converter, etc. will be necessary to get the most of any car.

As for my progress, I haven't done anything other than the LSD, new wheels, upgraded front rotors (slightly lighter StopTechs), and (now) Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position tires. But the Potenzas are on my Summer wheels and I'm still running winter until the cold weather is gone for good - probably another two weeks. I'll head to the track sometime soon on a nice day and get a new run in with my setup.

My 30K service is coming up very soon and I'll do the tune shortly after that. I'm still debating between Kleemann and Renntech, but will likely go with the Kleemann.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:43 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
Well i can say that ive been manually disconecting the front left abs sensor and it disconnects the traction control completely. But let me tell you when the tires start to spin, this car thinks it has the speed to shift to 2nd, and when it shifts it feels very bad to the tranny.. i dont like what i feel or hear..

Since these cars come with an open diff, you don't want to disable traction control - only the stability control. This can be easily accomplished through the dash menus. Without traction control, once one wheel starts to spin it just keeps spinning and the other gets no power.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Originally Posted by nawlinstornado
I'll head to the track sometime soon on a nice day and get a new run in with my setup.

My 30K service is coming up very soon and I'll do the tune shortly after that. I'm still debating between Kleemann and Renntech, but will likely go with the Kleemann.
Looking forward to your new run and the tune results!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:28 PM

Ghibli SQ4
I have the renntech and its great, lots of power. will upload some vids against a C63 in a while