E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bluetooth audio don't work with my iPhone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w207
Bluetooth audio don't work with my iPhone?

in my w207 2010 mod bluetooth works fine with a samsung, it gets connected to the call and play music with Bluetooth audio , but my iphone will not connect with bluetooth audio? it comes up, if I remember correctly "connect unsuccesfull". what is the reason for this? No problem connecting with calling, but audio is a problem
Old 08-27-2015, 11:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
No issues with my iPhone.
Does your car see the iPhone? Does your phone see the car stereo (settings on the phone)?
Also, I am required to manually open Pandora or my music library on the phone before the car will play Bluetooth music. Open Bluetooth audio from the stereo menu, open your music files and hit play.
I'll get to my car today and see if I can offer more help.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:34 AM

w207
Originally Posted by NCBob
Does your car see the iPhone? Does your phone see the car stereo (settings on the phone)?
Also, I am required to manually open Pandora or my music library on the phone before the car will play Bluetooth music. Open Bluetooth audio from the stereo menu, open your music files and hit play.
yes, my car sees the phone, when I click connect, "connection unsuccesful" appears. I don't know how I see the car stereo settings on my phone? If I hit play, the music will only play on my phone, because the phone isn't connected with the car with audio.. Thank you so much for the answer
Old 08-27-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
Does your MB have the command system?
If so, go to the Audio menu button. Pull down and click Bluetooth audio.
While it is in BT audio, click the phone button on the top of the menu bar. It should show your phone in that window. If not, there is a procedure to do that. Unfortunately I forgot how to do it. Should be in the Command owners manual.
Also, go to settings on your phone. Touch Bluetooth. That will bring up the "my devices".
Your phone should be listed. If not, you need to pair it up with BT Audio on your stereo. BT Audio and BT phone are two separate installations. It's been a while since I paired up BT Audio, so I may have omitted things.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:16 PM

w207
While it is in BT audio, click the phone button on the top of the menu bar. It should show your phone in that window. If not, there is a procedure to do that. Unfortunately I forgot how to do it. Should be in the Command owners manual.
Also, go to settings on your phone. Touch Bluetooth. That will bring up the "my devices".
Your phone should be listed. If not, you need to pair it up with BT Audio on your stereo. BT Audio and BT phone are two separate installations. It's been a while since I paired up BT Audio, so I may have omitted things.
How do I authorise my device with bluetooth audio? When I try to find my iPhone in bluetooth audio it now says no compatible devices found.. So frustrating!
Old 08-27-2015, 12:18 PM

w207
I can also click on external authorisation, how does that work? When I click at it, it only says "ready for external authorisation" and nothing more.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:25 PM

w207
When I try external authorisation it says unsuccesful. I can't understand whyyyyy, argh.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:27 PM

w207
Finally worked after 1 year, now I have posted enough! Thank you
Old 08-27-2015, 12:36 PM

14 IS350F, 18 E400 Coupe
system - enable blue tooth
telephone - run search -pair your current phone
BT - connect blue tooth device

or just say : blue tooth audio
Old 09-09-2015, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by Malinsaan
Finally worked after 1 year, now I have posted enough! Thank you
Great. Congratulations. Bluetooth is sometimes like a baby. Needs time to grow up .