E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

[B]HELP! WHAT IS THIS COMAND?[B]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E coupe c207
[B]HELP! WHAT IS THIS COMAND?[B]

hello ,

i have 2011 E coupe , my COMAND layout does'nt show the (System , Navi , Radio , phone ,video etc..) tabs , i only can access them by pushing the physical buttons on the dashbord , can anybody help me figuring out why i have this on 2011 mercedes?

secoundly , i dont have a bluetooth audio option and i cant play audio via bluetooth , i only have USB/DISC/AUX options , how can i stream audio via bluetooth ?

Third, in my engineering mode it shows an Ip address does it mean i have internet connection?
here are some pictures of the engineering mode please help.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
When did command stop working properly?
Old 03-13-2017, 03:55 PM

E coupe c207
it is working properly but i don't have what i have mentioned already ,
and i dont have the access to the tabs , only via the buttons on the dashbord ,
and i'm wondering if it has a network connection and a bluetooth streaming
Old 03-13-2017, 05:06 PM

2015 E550 Coupe
If you don't see the tabs for the various Command functions across the top of the screen and the Bluetooth functionally is also non-functional, then the user interface firmware for Command, that controls what is displayed on the screen and enables various selection functionality by the controller, has either been corrupted or partially disabled. That is why I asked when this condition first occurred in your car. If the buttons for radio, nav, phone all work, but the screen doesn't display the tabs for that functionality selection, that is a pure software problem.

How long have you had the car?

Did you ever have the tab functionality across the top of the Command screen or has this condition been constant since you've had the car?

Did the previous owner load any third party software into the Command system trying to extend or update the functionality of the unit to current levels?
Old 03-14-2017, 03:29 PM

E coupe c207
i have it since like 4 months , and it has been constantly like that ,
i dont know what the prev. owner have done to it , but he was using the car only weekends and he doesnt even know how to use the comand , he mentioned that he only used radio
Old 03-14-2017, 03:30 PM

E coupe c207
when it bought it , there was written that it has the audio 50 APS
Old 03-14-2017, 04:50 PM

2015 E550 Coupe
Well I could comment on what sounds like the standard "The car was kept in immaculate condition, driven only on weekends and always driven gently. He never used all the functionality of the car, so anything not functional is a total surprise to him.", but I won't.

Bottom line is that if all Command functionality is available via the console buttons, but you don't have the visual tabs on the screen for selection of the same functionality, then the Command software / firmware controlling that portion of the UI (user interface) has been either corrupted or over-written in some fashion. The only way to restore this functionality is to re-load the Command software. You can either do that via going to a MB dealership and having them do it for you or you can buy the appropriate software on-line and re-install it.

If you want to do this yourself, just google "audio 50 APS". You''ll have to buy the version that conforms to the type of Command unit you have: CD or DVD media and version that matches your current software build. Personally, I would just go the MB dealership and have them re-load the software and then update it to whatever the latest version is that your Command hardware would support.

You may or may not be able to play anything via Bluetooth depending on what your Command hardware will support. Not sure if that was an option you had to select at time of build in 2011 or if it was standard on all cars.