E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

From the Cadillac Forum with a 14 E350 coupe.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 MB E350 1979 Corvette 1981 Tran Am
From the Cadillac Forum with a 14 E350 coupe.

Just bought a 14 E350-been reading here the past cpl weeks and decided to join since I picked up my first MB ever. Been driving Cadillacs since my Eldorado in 99 or so, had a cpl Eldo's and numerous STS's since. Went to trade my 11 STS in and surprise, no more Northstar. So I thought I'd look around this time since I was comparing 6 cyl to 6 cyl this time. Drove every Lux and Sport car out there-the Lexus LS460 stood out as did the E350. Wanted to drive an E550 but there are none around here.
I liked the E (wasn't finding many LS 460's to choose from-plus-the nicer 14's were in the mid 40's) and was dead set on getting a CPO with the Warranty and then extending it another 2. But....even though there is a good selection here in Houston-The CPO's are running around 34K-add another $2K plus for the EW and I found the same for 29k-I'm going to take my chances for over 7 grand.
34000 mi's, Premium 1 pkg/Sports Pkg/Parking assist pkg/Full LED pkg/Lane trak pkg, heated and Ventilated Seats w/ Keyless Go-looks-so all the pkg's except Driver Assist Pkg.
I like it so far-very solid car-doesn't have my Northstar Power but I'll get used to that-very smooth acceleration though. Gotta a Fri night date with the Owners manual so I can learn how to use the features.
I'll try to keep the questions to the minimum
Attached Thumbnails From the Cadillac Forum with a 14 E350 coupe.-mb.jpg   From the Cadillac Forum with a 14 E350 coupe.-mb1.jpg  
Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 PM

2014 MB E350 1979 Corvette 1981 Tran Am
After a week of driving, very solid car and am enjoying it. It's my first Foreign car I ever have owned (I'm a few mths shy of 50) so it is still going to take some getting used to. The steering wheels in Foreign car always sit too high for me, my Caddy went all the way down to my lap if I wanted it to, and I drove with it pretty low as well. With the E350 steering wheel all the way down (still isn't down enough from what I'm used to) I can't see the speedometer correctly-so it's up even more. It has more leg room than my Caddy's. It's a much better looking car than my STS (prolly cause it's a coupe-not sure the 4 door is that much better looking). The power is sufficient-the gas mi is better (prolly evens out though as the STS didn't require premium-but did mid grade).

When I test drove it I got a chuckle after figuring out there wasn't anything with the car when I stopped at a red light-it was supposed to lose RPM's and feel like it died. Wondering if it's the same type of deal as every once in a while it feels like someone is hitting the steering wheel three times, although lightly, like thud, thud, thud, not sure what that is or if there is an issue I need to have looked at.

Had the windows tinted Monday-and am reading up on stereo upgrades here. At the least-going to have a sub installed. It has the Harmon Kardon Pro 7 deal and it sounds OK-but I need a lil better. Other than that I will not be doing much to it.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe Diamond White/Red Interior
Congrats on the purchase. They're great cars and lots of fun to drive. Not really very popular which is part of what attracted me to one the most.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:20 PM

2017 C300 Coupe, Brilliant Blue
Congratulations ! I'm also a recent Caddy to MB convert, although I have had MB in the past. My last car was a 2012 CTS coupe which I called the batmobile ... :-) It was pushing six years, and I had the "itch"for something new and different. Caddy only offers the ATS coupe now, no CTS. Took a look at it, and was disappointed - just a little small and cheap feeling to me - plus, it didn't have the "cool" look of the previous CTS coupe. So anyway, back to MB and bought a CPO 2014 E350 cabriolet. Really feels great, and a LOT of new toys to play with !
But anyway, enough about me - wanted to answer your questions ! Yes, it feels like it dies at a stoplight because it does ! Under ECO mode, the engine completely shuts off, and is restarted when you lift your foot off the brake pedal. If it annoys it, you can defeat it by pushing the ECO switch on the center console - green light will go out. You must do this EVERY TIME you start though - no way to switch it off permanently. The 3 thuds in the steering wheel is the lane departure warning - it thinks you are drifting out of your lane. May be, or simply markings on road may have changed ! Hope that helps, and enjoy the coupe ! Mike
The following users liked this post:
DacoMB (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 03:09 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Originally Posted by DacoMB
After a week of driving, very solid car and am enjoying it. It's my first Foreign car I ever have owned (I'm a few mths shy of 50) so it is still going to take some getting used to. The steering wheels in Foreign car always sit too high for me, my Caddy went all the way down to my lap if I wanted it to, and I drove with it pretty low as well. With the E350 steering wheel all the way down (still isn't down enough from what I'm used to) I can't see the speedometer correctly-so it's up even more. It has more leg room than my Caddy's. It's a much better looking car than my STS (prolly cause it's a coupe-not sure the 4 door is that much better looking). The power is sufficient-the gas mi is better (prolly evens out though as the STS didn't require premium-but did mid grade).

When I test drove it I got a chuckle after figuring out there wasn't anything with the car when I stopped at a red light-it was supposed to lose RPM's and feel like it died. Wondering if it's the same type of deal as every once in a while it feels like someone is hitting the steering wheel three times, although lightly, like thud, thud, thud, not sure what that is or if there is an issue I need to have looked at.

Had the windows tinted Monday-and am reading up on stereo upgrades here. At the least-going to have a sub installed. It has the Harmon Kardon Pro 7 deal and it sounds OK-but I need a lil better. Other than that I will not be doing much to it.

Hello DacoMB,

We have a solution that will automatically turn eco mode off whenever you turn ignition on. It is a plug and play module that installs under the driver side floor. You can find it on our website here: https://www.midcityengineering.com/p...s-benz-eco212/
If you have any questions, call or email us! Have a great day.
The following 3 users liked this post by midcityeng:
DacoMB (07-13-2017), hillcreative (07-13-2017), MikeZ (07-14-2017)