E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Oil change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2017 | 07:59 AM

E250 cdi
Oil change

Hello, I had an oil and oil filter change by the dealer. When arriving at home, after 2 miles, I checked the oil. Black black. Had also an oil change on our Audi. Checked level at home, after 4 miles. Both are turbo diesels but the oil of the Audi looked still a bit transparent. First time I went to that Mercedes dealer. Did they change the oil?
Old 08-31-2017 | 08:40 AM

2003 E500, 2004 G35X
Originally Posted by Forgot
Hello, I had an oil and oil filter change by the dealer. When arriving at home, after 2 miles, I checked the oil. Black black. Had also an oil change on our Audi. Checked level at home, after 4 miles. Both are turbo diesels but the oil of the Audi looked still a bit transparent. First time I went to that Mercedes dealer. Did they change the oil?
I can't believe what I am reading! Even Jiffy Lube does not do this. I would go back and demand to see the service mgr and tell him what happened. Also obviously they did not change the filter either. If they don't step up, you should contact MB about this. This is serious stuff! I would never bring the car to this dealer again for any service!

PS: They will make up a story like there was a mistake and thought the oil was changed. The truth is when a tech finished the job, he will sign off the job done.

Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-31-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2017 | 10:03 AM

e klass cabriolet 250 cgi 2015
here in romania , were i live , happens all the time at the dealers ,
they say they made the service at 50k km...but in reality they didn't changed nothing ( happend to a friend of mine, discovered when it had 65k , for the next service)

that 's why i alwways stay near them when they make changes for my car , i don 't trust them , even if they are dealers /mb etc