E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Where is the oil drain plug?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 e350 cabriolet
Where is the oil drain plug?

I think MB might be the least DIY friendly make of car out there. I've done tons of work on BMW's and Porsches and never had a hard time finding information online to help me finish a project. I think the types of people that own MB's just aren't interested in doing their own work.

Take for example today I changed the oil. I usually extract the oil out of the dipstick tube using a Topsider (total piece of crap, going to get a Mityvac for next time) but I after 4 changes I wanted to drain the oil from the drain plug. So I remove the bottom panels and I could NOT for the life of me find the drain plug. I went online and found lots of photos for plugs just not for a 2011 E350. So I went back to the Topsider and spend 40 minutes pumping the bicycle pump to extract the oil.

So, here is a challenge, can anyone point me to a photo of the location of the oil drain plug for a 2011 E350 Cabriolet?

Also is there a good MB DIY website anyone can point me to? I'm going to need to do brakes and rotors in the spring.

Thanks!

MIke B
Old 01-16-2018, 07:53 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by Mike9186
I think MB might be the least DIY friendly make of car out there. I've done tons of work on BMW's and Porsches and never had a hard time finding information online to help me finish a project. I think the types of people that own MB's just aren't interested in doing their own work.
My experience has been the same. I bought my Benz this past September, after owning three BMWs in a row. The forums for BMW are far more active and comprehensive, with entire sub-forums devoted to DIY documentation for the various models. By comparison, community support for MB is weak at best. There is relatively little activity on these boards and there seems to be no area devoted to DIY.

Originally Posted by Mike9186
Also is there a good MB DIY website anyone can point me to?
I've not found anything, but would certainly be interested as well.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
The dealer does topside oil changes now. It is way easier and will change more of the oil. The reason you dont see much DIY on this forum is the car is too new. If you look at the older car sections you will see a lot more DIY info. I know that dosent help you know but.... Wait till us poor people can afford one an you will start to see more DIY post.