E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Constant rattling and squeaking from passenger side door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes E 350 Coupe with P1 & P2
Constant rattling and squeaking from passenger side door

A while ago I installed led lighting strips on both door pockets of my car. Since then the passenger side door constantly squeaks and rattles. It never did this before I took off the panels. When you push in the middle of the panel with your hand the squeaking stops. I took off the panel off, replaced all the clips with new oem clips, tightened the screws and added butyl tape to the clips. The squeaking stopped, but came back within days. Even when you're on smooth roads there is a constant shake and rattle. On bumpy roads it sounds like something is going to fall off on that door. Someone suggested using dynamat but I'm skeptical since it sounds like something else needs to be tightened since the noise goes away when you push in hard on the center of the door panel. I took it to the dealer and they said they installed felt tape on some areas, but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be?
Old 04-06-2018, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes E 350 Coupe with P1 & P2
Anyone?