E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Equipment doesn't match window sticker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E400 4Matic
Unhappy Equipment doesn't match window sticker

I just bought a 2016 E400 4Matic Coupe. It is a CPO with 25k miles. The sticker shows the Po2 Premium Package and lists a rear view camera as part of the package. The trouble is no camera is installed. We physically examined the rear and the Command menus. Nothing. Dealer Gen Mgr has taken the attitude, "Used car, not our problem" The Service Advisor had never heard of any other instances of this. The car was first put in service in July 2015 in Rochester NY. It is now in the Detroit area.

Further, I'm very disappointed in the QC on a CPO car. The spare key FOB was lost by the first owner and therefore a new one was ordered and needed programming. The cost was $338 but charged to the Used Car lot. The car comes with free NAV map updates for three years but that had not been done. I also learned about a recall which hadn't been done; and finally, the car had a very low tank when I left. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that until my Low Fuel warning light came on. I had to sit at the dealer for 2.5 hours while work was done which could and should have been done while it spent two months in inventory. We're off to a bad start.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:56 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by Ray Houthuysen
I just bought a 2016 E400 4Matic Coupe. It is a CPO with 25k miles. The sticker shows the Po2 Premium Package and lists a rear view camera as part of the package. The trouble is no camera is installed. We physically examined the rear and the Command menus. Nothing. Dealer Gen Mgr has taken the attitude, "Used car, not our problem" The Service Advisor had never heard of any other instances of this. The car was first put in service in July 2015 in Rochester NY. It is now in the Detroit area.

Further, I'm very disappointed in the QC on a CPO car. The spare key FOB was lost by the first owner and therefore a new one was ordered and needed programming. The cost was $338 but charged to the Used Car lot. The car comes with free NAV map updates for three years but that had not been done. I also learned about a recall which hadn't been done; and finally, the car had a very low tank when I left. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that until my Low Fuel warning light came on. I had to sit at the dealer for 2.5 hours while work was done which could and should have been done while it spent two months in inventory. We're off to a bad start.
Unfortunately it sounds like a real crappy dealer.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
VIN?
Old 05-21-2018, 07:54 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I've purchased several CPO cars in the past (including my current E400) and the experience has taught me that the certification means only one thing: a longer warranty. All the marketing blather about rigorous inspections is a pile of crap. Most dealers put the car out on the lot in essentially the same condition as when they received it and then address only the issues that the buyer discovers. When shopping for my current car, I initially purchased a similar model and discovered a few days later that it had been in an accident (nothing noted on the CarFax, but the hood had obviously been repainted). The dealership claimed to know nothing about the damage, which was galling; how could they not have noticed a respray when they took the car from the original owner?

Regarding the backup camera on your car, did you not notice this when you took it for a test drive?
Old 05-21-2018, 02:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ray Houthuysen
I just bought a 2016 E400 4Matic Coupe. It is a CPO with 25k miles. The sticker shows the Po2 Premium Package and lists a rear view camera as part of the package. The trouble is no camera is installed. We physically examined the rear and the Command menus. Nothing. Dealer Gen Mgr has taken the attitude, "Used car, not our problem".
Seems to me there is some legal term regarding misrepresentation, which any decent lawyer could use to truly make this the Gen Mgr's problem!
Old 06-08-2018, 11:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 E550 coupe,2005 porsche ca 911,04 subaru outback,94 Harley FXSTC
"Mr. Toad
I've purchased several CPO cars in the past (including my current E400) and the experience has taught me that the certification means only one thing: a longer warranty. All the marketing blather about rigorous inspections is a pile of crap. Most dealers put the car out on the lot in essentially the same condition as when they received it and then address only the issues that the buyer discovers. When shopping for my current car, I initially purchased a similar model and discovered a few days later that it had been in an accident (nothing noted on the CarFax, but the hood had obviously been repainted). The dealership claimed to know nothing about the damage, which was galling; how could they not have noticed a respray when they took the car from the original owner? "

A CPO vehicle should be ready to sell and drive away if its on the UC lot. Most dealers have a company that comes by once or twice a month and a inspector inspects a random sample of CPO vehicles to make sure it meets the CPO criteria.The inspector checks air pressures including driveability ,brakes ,spare ,tire tread depth ,oil ,recalls,etc to make sure its ready to sell,and has been checked and certified.A dealer should not put a CPO vehicle on the lot unless it has been brought up to the CPO standards ,this includes recalls as well.If a dealer just puts a car on the lot to sell and wait for the customer to say what it needs before a safety check and CPO inspect are ones to stay away from.I worked for a domestic manufacturer for over thirty years as a senior master tech,retired now, so I know the process well .I have done the random inspections for several dealers also. They leave themselves open to legal action if a used car hasn't been safety checked before customer can road test it .