E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2014 e350 coupe Upgrade to premium lighting headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe
Question 2014 e350 coupe Upgrade to premium lighting headlights

I am a first time Mercedes owner as of last week, and I couldnt be happier so far. After seeing my car with the optional led headlights, I cant help but wish I had purchased one with them already. Is it as easy as purchasing a used set via Ebay and having someone install them for me? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-18-2018, 12:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
GLS450, AMG C43 Cabriolet
I upgraded my 2013 E350 Cabriolet to HIDs because there weren't any LED kits that fit. LEDs don't fit because of the clip MB uses to hold the bulb in the housing. That may have changed that in 2014, but I have no idea about that.

I used HID Extra (www.hidextra.com) H7 kit for my 13 A207 and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I bought the 5000K Pro-Canbus 55w ballasts. Quality is great and service and support were also fantastic. They were happy to verify exactly what I needed before ordering.

I upgraded both the low and high beams. The high beams work great, but take a few seconds to warm up, so flashing to pass takes some adapting. Once they're warmed up though, it's like driving in broad daylight.

It was around $220 for both kits.

I couldn't be happier. The difference between the stock halogen lights and the HIDs is seriously, night and day

Took less than a couple of hours to install, mainly because the space is so tight, but it was easy enough. Any auto electronics shop could install them for you, but I have no idea what they'd charge.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by Jujigatame
I upgraded my 2013 E350 Cabriolet to HIDs because there weren't any LED kits that fit. LEDs don't fit because of the clip MB uses to hold the bulb in the housing. That may have changed that in 2014, but I have no idea about that.

I used HID Extra (www.hidextra.com) H7 kit for my 13 A207 and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I bought the 5000K Pro-Canbus 55w ballasts. Quality is great and service and support were also fantastic. They were happy to verify exactly what I needed before ordering.

I upgraded both the low and high beams. The high beams work great, but take a few seconds to warm up, so flashing to pass takes some adapting. Once they're warmed up though, it's like driving in broad daylight.

It was around $220 for both kits.

I couldn't be happier. The difference between the stock halogen lights and the HIDs is seriously, night and day

Took less than a couple of hours to install, mainly because the space is so tight, but it was easy enough. Any auto electronics shop could install them for you, but I have no idea what they'd charge.
I spoke with them they seem very professional. Did you have to do any modification to the clips that hold the bulb in? Their rep told me no but I've seen some of these kits where you have to cut and manipulate them to fit and that always complicates the install. Also was thinking of swapping the bottom fogs for the h11 leds from them. Is it possible to see what they look like on your car? I was thinking of going 55watt ballasts with 8000k bulbs (the 55k ballast makes it look more 6000k from what I hear)
Old 07-24-2018, 03:43 PM

No mod to the clips at all. You do have to drill a hole in the dust cap to let the wires pass through to the ballasts, but they come with a grommet so it's easy enough. The MB clips are a pain, but there's nothing you can do about that. It's fiddly, and the access is difficult, but if you're patient, it's not too bad.

I don't understand what you want to see, a pic of the lights on at night?

I really like the 5000k, it's a pure white light and it is BRIGHT! That is exactly what I wanted. There's no yellow or bluish tint to the light at all..
Old 07-24-2018, 11:59 PM

2010 e550 coupe
No mod to the clips at all. You do have to drill a hole in the dust cap to let the wires pass through to the ballasts, but they come with a grommet so it's easy enough. The MB clips are a pain, but there's nothing you can do about that. It's fiddly, and the access is difficult, but if you're patient, it's not too bad.

I don't understand what you want to see, a pic of the lights on at night?

I really like the 5000k, it's a pure white light and it is BRIGHT! That is exactly what I wanted. There's no yellow or bluish tint to the light at all..
Oh sorry no I was talking about seeing the hid's you installed in action. I was curious to see what 5000k on 55w ballasts looked like from them. My previous 6000k's on 55w almost looked like stock and not as white as I was expecting.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dnasty
Oh sorry no I was talking about seeing the hid's you installed in action. I was curious to see what 5000k on 55w ballasts looked like from them. My previous 6000k's on 55w almost looked like stock and not as white as I was expecting.

That's the best pic I could take. Not really doing them justice. I think I have a filter on my phone making them look a little more yellow than they are.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:36 PM

2010 e550 coupe

That's the best pic I could take. Not really doing them justice. I think I have a filter on my phone making them look a little more yellow than they are.
Thanks man that gives me a solid idea of how they will look. If you're saying they look more yellow on cam i'm guessing in person they do look true white. My previous set used morimoto ballasts and I think maybe their bulb quality was lower so these are probably truer to their specs.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:53 PM

They are very white. WAY whiter than the stock halogens. I really love them. I can't say much about any others, but these really are great.