E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tire Pressure Sensor Missing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2018 | 03:33 PM

Tire Pressure Sensor Missing

I recently purchased a 2013 e-350 coupe and I’ve been getting this message every now and then. This seems to have really started after I got my wheels plasti-dipped (tires were taken off and mounted back on). It’ll come on and then after driving for a while it’ll go away again. Anyone had this problem and how do I fix it?
Old 12-30-2018 | 05:05 PM

2013 E350 4Matic Coupe
TPMS Error Message

Originally Posted by E350coupe_

I recently purchased a 2013 e-350 coupe and I’ve been getting this message every now and then. This seems to have really started after I got my wheels plasti-dipped (tires were taken off and mounted back on). It’ll come on and then after driving for a while it’ll go away again. Anyone had this problem and how do I fix it?
The Good news: Overall your cars TPMS is working OK. The Bad news: It appears that the battery may be weak in the F/R TPMS unit.

All TPMS units connect via RFID and sometimes they do loose connections. There are tiny batteries in each TPMS unit that have a normal life between 7 and 8 years. Remember, batteries loose overall power in cold weather. However, most tire shops just replace the TPMS units to resolve the battery problem.

This happened to me with brand new TPMS units. On my car it happened once (so far) but later came back on its own after driving for about two hours. Annoying and frustrating.

I replaced my TPMS units with genuine MB TPMS units from this ebay vendor when I installed new wheels and tires.

Setting up the new TPMS units on a Mercedes is a bit complicated. Read this MBWorld thread , especially post #8.

BTW: You should only use a plastic air valve cap on a TPMS unit. Metal air valve caps may fuse to the TPMS valve.

I hope this helps you out.
The following 2 users liked this post by SMG_CT:
Bikram Grewal (06-12-2019), Jae Merc (01-03-2019)
Old 12-30-2018 | 05:18 PM

you mentioned the cold air being a factor. Since it is only one unit that sometimes functions and sometimes doesnt, do you think it is even worth ordering the new parts? The light comes on and after driving for a while it will go away again, and it is always the same front right sensor that is shown. You think I should just let it ride out for winter and see if the problem fixes itself as it gets warmer?
Old 12-30-2018 | 07:59 PM

2013 E350 4Matic Coupe
Lightbulb My recommendations on next steps

you mentioned the cold air being a factor. Since it is only one unit that sometimes functions and sometimes doesnt, do you think it is even worth ordering the new parts? The light comes on and after driving for a while it will go away again, and it is always the same front right sensor that is shown. You think I should just let it ride out for winter and see if the problem fixes itself as it gets warmer?
Based on your information and my experience with this problem, you appears to have a problem with one TPMS unit in the (Front/Right). Other than that your TPMS is working OK. For me, the TPMS warning light was annoying, because I did not understand what was going on.

I think that you should "let it ride for the winter"

You may want to consider purchasing the new TPMS units from the ebay seller that I mentioned earlier. The parts have the MB logo and part # and worked fine on my E350 coupe. The cost for a set of 5 is lest than the cost of 1 at a MB parts counter. Something to consider.

Old 12-30-2018 | 09:51 PM

so weird, I just drove my car and the light went away and no tire pressure notification either. I am going to wait out the winter to see if it goes away, maybe it is due to the cold.
Old 06-12-2019 | 01:18 AM

Mercedes Benz gle 250
Tire pressure sensor missing

Hi I have a same problem with my 2016 GLE do you know how to fix this

thanks
Old 06-12-2019 | 08:19 AM

E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Originally Posted by Bikram Grewal
Hi I have a same problem with my 2016 GLE do you know how to fix this

thanks
As above, its probably a failing TPMS sensor.that needs investigating. On a 2016 I assume its still under MB warranty, so go and have the dealer sort it.