E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Leaking air bladder lumbar support seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2020 | 10:48 AM

A207 2015 e220 bluetec cabriolet
Leaking air bladder lumbar support seat

I have a 2015 e220 a207 cabriolet facelift. I bought it I oct 2019 from merc bristol with 1 years approved used warranty.

Yesterday it came back from mb after I asked them to look at the pnumatic seat cushions the issue was it was operational only for 30 seconds or so when starting the car then didnt work until car started again. Mb service said they found a trapped wire and it was working fine. on driving home and playing with the buttons it malfunctioned again.
when back home and in silence I checked it out when the key is turned to pos 2 I can hear the pnumatic pump in the boot whirring and the seats work fine. When I operated the bolster cushion inflation switch on the passenger side I could hear air continuously pumping then it cuts out. Putting my ear to the cushion I can hear air continuously escaping from the inflation bladder under the front part of the seat cover.

When I leave this switch off the system works fine and all other air bladders fill and release fine.

My question is has anyone removed or have knowledge of getting to this bladder to see it and attempt repair or replacement in the seat cushion on a a207 or can post the wis instructions.

Secondly has anyone ever had experience on how mb approved used warranty treat this, is this issue included in the warranty?

Old 01-18-2020 | 12:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Simon Judd
Mb service said they found a trapped wire and it was working fine. on driving home and playing with the buttons it malfunctioned again.
MB attempted repair under warranty, first attempt failed bring it back and have them witness what you found should be covered.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Toad (01-21-2020)
Old 02-15-2020 | 12:47 PM

A207 2015 e220 bluetec cabriolet
Warranty claim

MB warranty are covering it, it was the air bladder so part on back order. 5 yr old MB main dealer car on an approved uk used warranty, not had to pay a penny yet, all faults I found on purchase have been fixed free.