E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

question about sport contour seat comfort

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none yet
question about sport contour seat comfort

Hi, First time poster here. I'm considering buying a 2017 E400 cabriolet with the Sport Package that includes the multi contour seats (not the active multi contour seats). I'm looking at this car on line so I can't test the seats out for myself. My concern is that the "sporty" seats won't be as comfortable for my 60 year old butt as the standard seats might be. I'm definitely looking more for comfort than "sport" but as long as the seats are reasonably padded in the butt then I'm probably ok with that.

Can anyone give me some opinions? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Stan
Old 02-06-2020, 10:05 AM

Received 145 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
My car is a 2016, but I doubt they changed. In my opinion, the multi-contour sport seats in the w207 are relatively narrow and firm. They're not uncomfortable, but the side bolsters on the seat back extend too far upward and tend to be restrictive in the upper back/shoulder region unless they are expanded as wide as they will go. Unfortunately, this makes the lower part of the bolster (near your waist) less supportive than I'd like in turns. If you're a big person, you will likely find these seats confining.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none yet
Yeah, I kinda figured something like that. I'm going to pass on the car. Really appreciate your opinion.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:08 PM

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
2004 W240 Maybach 57
Originally Posted by Stan McFarland
I'm looking at this car on line so I can't test the seats out for myself.
Try one of the online retailers, CarMax comes to mind, that will transfer a car that you find using their nationwide search to your local store and then let you put a "hold" on it for a few days to give you time to properly evaluate it, with no commitment whatsoever. Some cars may have a transfer fee that is non-refundable, but look for something you like that includes free transfer.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:50 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
Originally Posted by Mr. Toad
My car is a 2016, but I doubt they changed. In my opinion, the multi-contour sport seats in the w207 are relatively narrow and firm. They're not uncomfortable, but the side bolsters on the seat back extend too far upward and tend to be restrictive in the upper back/shoulder region unless they are expanded as wide as they will go. Unfortunately, this makes the lower part of the bolster (near your waist) less supportive than I'd like in turns. If you're a big person, you will likely find these seats confining.
After adjusting several times with the contour seat when I got my car, I left it at wide open even though I am average size person.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:58 AM

Received 145 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon
After adjusting several times with the contour seat when I got my car, I left it at wide open even though I am average size person.
Same here.