E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brake line clip on strut

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 03:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
03 SL500(Sold), 09 C300, 11 E550
Brake line clip on strut

Hey all! does anyone know how to remove the plastic retaining piece that connects to the strut tower which holds the abs and brake fluid lines? This Youtube tutorial on a c class is all i could find and it is almost identical to the 2011 e550. i just got stuck on the clip seen at 4:20

tried to punch that little plastic cylinder out with a few different picks and Tiny brad nails but it didn't budge. Does our clip release differently? If not, does anyone know the part number for this retaining clip so i can just break it and buy a new one?

Thank you!
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
03 SL500(Sold), 09 C300, 11 E550
Welp ended up braking that strap that holds the clip on, only to realize that it is not actually needed to keep that retaining clip for the brake line secured to the strut. There are two tabs that snake into the cutout of the start which actually are the only thing securing it. I know a lot of people on here aren't looking to do this job themselves but it is actually super simple. it was my first time attempting a strut replacement and everything went exactly as detailed in the video above. The spring holds a ton of tension so if you are nervous in any way, just bring it to a local mechanic once you've taken the entire assembly out of the car and have them compress the spring. A local mechanic quoted me 1$50 in labor to do the job if i already had the parts bought, so next time ill probably just save the hassle and bring it in.