E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

​​​​​​​Convertible rain sensor to auto close roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 01:07 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
A207
Talking ​​​​​​​Convertible rain sensor to auto close roof

Hi has anybody ever found a way to do this? I have installed the x style-car module (very cool) I like the way you can change settings via steering wheel.

but I would like to have it auto close roof if left locked and key removed .

any information would be great.

Thanks
Tony

Old 06-21-2020, 07:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
A207
Ok so I'm going to make my own rain sensing module

I'm going to copy the IR signal used from the key to activate the roof using a timed relay to send the signal for 20/25 seconds I,m going to position the IR sender in the drivers door I can see the module circuit board is filled with a clear resign so it should pick up if not I will de-solderer the receiver and move it.

I'm going to locate the rain sensor in the rear under roof cover, so that its only exposed when the roof is open.
So after the the rain sensor is triggered then using another timer to switch off the rain sensor for at least 30 mins (while it dries off inside the car)

This sensor circuit will only be active when the car ignition is off (if this all works fingers crossed I will add a LDR so it will close if it gets dark.

I have ordered all the parts to make this little project

Fingers crossed (it will all be safe as I will be only taking 12v small amps and sending IR signal to existing lock so no fear) LOL

Does anyone know if the IR code rolls with each key press or is it just the RF that is used to unlock??

Last edited by Tony MYMB; 06-21-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:36 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 E550 Cabriolet 2011 VW Eos 1985 Pininfarina Spider
Originally Posted by Tony MYMB
Ok so I'm going to make my own rain sensing module

I'm going to copy the IR signal used from the key to activate the roof using a timed relay to send the signal for 20/25 seconds I,m going to position the IR sender in the drivers door I can see the module circuit board is filled with a clear resign so it should pick up if not I will de-solderer the receiver and move it.

I'm going to locate the rain sensor in the rear under roof cover, so that its only exposed when the roof is open.
So after the the rain sensor is triggered then using another timer to switch off the rain sensor for at least 30 mins (while it dries off inside the car)

This sensor circuit will only be active when the car ignition is off (if this all works fingers crossed I will add a LDR so it will close if it gets dark.

I have ordered all the parts to make this little project

Fingers crossed (it will all be safe as I will be only taking 12v small amps and sending IR signal to existing lock so no fear) LOL

Does anyone know if the IR code rolls with each key press or is it just the RF that is used to unlock??
Sounds interesting. Keep us posted on your progress.