E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Trunk lid stopped opening electronically

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 07:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 e550
Trunk lid stopped opening electronically

Randomly my 2010 e550 couple trunk wouldn’t open from the remote, the driver door switch, or the handle/latch button on the trunk. Opened perfectly when using slide out key from remote.

Did some digging and checked the fuse box in the trunk. 61 should be the trunk lid fuse - but That slot was empty?

To my surprise I saw a few wires that were completely cut (yellow and a black/white one). In addition many others were also cut but still holding together. Not sure what this means but the previous owners must have done something? Any idea?

I decided to tape the wires back wherever there were cut marks, and re-attached the yellow and black/white one. Not sure what the yellow one is for but the black/white one fixed the electronic trunk lid problem!

Posting in case this helps someone else.

Old 08-29-2020, 06:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Get a scan you have a faulty lock accuator
Old 11-08-2021, 08:03 AM
KBH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550
Zip Tie Damage

Reply: I had an intermittent trunk close issue (2007 E550) which started after someone bumped into the back left bumper corner in a parking lot. Their insurance said it wasn't related. The problem got worse over time until the trunk close stopped working. Turns out the wire was cut (I'm guessing it was a tentative connection until it finally sheared completely). I'm confident it was caused by a very tight zip tie that held the wire bundle onto the left trunk arm (arm visible in upper right of your photo). 2 other wires adjacent were also showig wear, all three abutted the zip tie. Thankfully it was a super easy fix, once the problem was found.

Original:
Originally Posted by sunny9781
Randomly my 2010 e550 couple trunk wouldn’t open from the remote, the driver door switch, or the handle/latch button on the trunk. Opened perfectly when using slide out key from remote.

Did some digging and checked the fuse box in the trunk. 61 should be the trunk lid fuse - but That slot was empty?

To my surprise I saw a few wires that were completely cut (yellow and a black/white one). In addition many others were also cut but still holding together. Not sure what this means but the previous owners must have done something? Any idea?

I decided to tape the wires back wherever there were cut marks, and re-attached the yellow and black/white one. Not sure what the yellow one is for but the black/white one fixed the electronic trunk lid problem!

Posting in case this helps someone else.