E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Long cranking to start.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 09:56 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Long cranking to start.

I've been trying to diagnose this starting issue for a while and it's seeming to be quite difficult. I have no lights on the dash, a pretty new battery and my starter was replaced a year ago with a reman at the dealer. The car cranks and starts fine in the morning at cold start but after a while of driving then turning the car off and back on I get long cranks. Usually I can step on the gas pedal and it will start but a few times it has cranked very long and killed the battery resulting in me jumping the car to get it to start. I connected the icarsoft just to look around as there are no codes and I noticed two things.. in the obd section the purge flow monitor, fuel system bank 1 and bank 2 all say fail. The second thing I notice is when i look at the specific monitors in the ecu under thermal it shows coolant temp of 140 celsius (not sure if this is an error or a bad temp monitor). I am wondering if I have a fuel pump issue or something in the area? Or could the coolant temp sensor be bad? The in car temp reads normal 99c also the standard obd2 reads 99c it only gives me this very high reading when I look further in the thermal settings. The car is a 2010 e550 coupe with NA v8 engine.