E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2021 E 53 coupe rarity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 05:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe
2021 E 53 coupe rarity

I was at the dealer in January & tried to order a E 53 coupe.They had only one build slot open for Later April/May.When they tried to order it, the company rejected the order due to lack of parts inventory.

There has been a world-wide shortage of semi-conductors needed in the build.Plants have shut down because of this.

Mercedes thought that the pandemic would discourage people from buying new cars, so they allowed their parts inventory to shrink.Surprise,surprise,new car orders actually went up.
The semi-conductor plants shunted their production to meet the extra demand for electronic gadgets like phones & pads .

It's been 3 1/2 months & the dealer still can't even put a build order in,let alone guess at a delivery date.

Most likely end of the year,K& that's with me wanting to order one from January
Old 04-22-2021, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 184 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21
Originally Posted by jester1
I was at the dealer in January & tried to order a E 53 coupe.They had only one build slot open for Later April/May.When they tried to order it, the company rejected the order due to lack of parts inventory.

There has been a world-wide shortage of semi-conductors needed in the build.Plants have shut down because of this.

Mercedes thought that the pandemic would discourage people from buying new cars, so they allowed their parts inventory to shrink.Surprise,surprise,new car orders actually went up.
The semi-conductor plants shunted their production to meet the extra demand for electronic gadgets like phones & pads .

It's been 3 1/2 months & the dealer still can't even put a build order in,let alone guess at a delivery date.

Most likely end of the year,K& that's with me wanting to order one from January
Sorry for your problem. Nothing new here. All manufacturers are in the same boat. I placed my order in March. Dealer is telling me June. We will see.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe
i'm glad that you at least got to place your order.That's great news.