E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A Lil Routine Maintenance !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 03:16 PM

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
13 E550 Coupe & 99 C280
A Lil Routine Maintenance !!!

Been driving with the dreaded warped rotors since I bought the vehicle. I came home after being out of town for a lil over a week to a dead battery. Charged the battery and got the vehicle started and got the A4 service 15 days overdue. Went and bought oil, filter and a new DieHard AGM battery. Since I was there I asked about prices on the front rotor and pads were. Using my cousin's business account the price was more than reasonable for everything. Oil, filter and the battery were in stock, the rotors and pads had to come from WorldPac the next day by 7am. So I decided to go home and get started with the oil change and battery swap. Removed the battery box cover and I was surprised to see a 7/17 date on the Mercedes Benz battery. The non AGM one in my wife's 1999 C280 has been in there since 2012 when we moved to Alabama from Seattle. Oil and filter completed and skid plates cleaned replaced, time to do the battery. I had to jump the vehicle again to get it started, Raised the hood all the way up and noticed the strut rods both were leaking oil, called the parts shop and had them include them in the brake parts order. Car running since I didn't want to mess with re=programming everything I pulled the cables and battery out and installed the new battery. Turned the car off to clear the battery idiot light and re-set the service counter and now on to the brakes.

Pulled the fronts apart and decided that the stock calipers just looked crappy with my new wheels. Out came the brake clean, steel wool and masking paper. WTH I had til 7am til the new shoes arrived??? Got every thing cleaned and ready for paint and decide the rears needed to match. Borrowed a set of jack stands from the neighbor tore the rears down repeated the cleaning and masking as I did on the fronts. The rears have about 5000 miles on them so I just pulled the pads and re-used. Went to Home Depot to pick out paint covered in brake dust and steel wool.....lol. Got both sets of calipers and mounting brackets sprayed and left everything to dry overnight. The next morning I put the rears back together and things just didn't look right. Stepped back and looked at things over coffee and decided the rotors and the AMG logos on the wheels needed to be painted to match. Taped off the wheels and rotors and sprayed away! Set them outside to dry in the sun and left to get the front parts and breakfast! Came home cleaned and taped off the front rotors and sprayed them. Put the rears back together while the front rotors were baking in the sun. Installed the new rotors and pads and got everything finished! Let the car down off the jack stands this morning and snapped a couple pics!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by TEAsE550:
Grant_J (09-21-2021), vich3 (09-21-2021)