E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Decent Price For Brakes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 11:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 E550 Cabriolet
Question Decent Price For Brakes?

I've owned this 2011 E550 Cabriolet for about 2 months now (my first benz). When the "check brake pads" message came on the dash I was kind of worried how much this work would cost me on this vs the nissans I've owned before.

I've seen other people on this forum saying they've paid as much as $3000 for a brake job which is pretty insane imo.

I went to a place called "Monro Auto". The process is you first drop off the car. They check it out and then give you a free estimate.

They said the "front rotors were warped" and that I should replace them but could probably get by on the current ones if I really wanted to.

So I chose to get the new front rotors and new brake pads all around.

With labor it all came out to about $730. Not too bad, right?

Old 01-16-2022, 12:11 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Greetings. Yes, brakes can be pricey depending on where you go. That stinks that the brake light came on so soon after you bought the car!
I bought rotors, pads and sensors from FCP Euro and they cost me about 1200.....installation will be more, but I certainly saved over 1500 by buying the parts
myself. I'm still waiting for the light to come on before I have them changed.
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with a non MB indy shop doing the work. I use an indy shop that only works on MB's as they are certainly less expensive than a dealer.
GL to you.
The following users liked this post:
S550e (01-31-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 12:42 PM

Received 151 Likes on 120 Posts
2012 E350 Cabriolet now SOLD to my son
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Greetings. Yes, brakes can be pricey depending on where you go. That stinks that the brake light came on so soon after you bought the car!
I bought rotors, pads and sensors from FCP Euro and they cost me about 1200.....installation will be more, but I certainly saved over 1500 by buying the parts
myself. I'm still waiting for the light to come on before I have them changed.
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with a non MB indy shop doing the work. I use an indy shop that only works on MB's as they are certainly less expensive than a dealer.
GL to you.
FCP Euro has free lifetime replacement as well :-). i went a different option for my A207 E350 cabriolet w AMG brake option. Powerstop rotors ( crossdrilled front and rear ) zinc coated so no rust, Akebono pads and full hardware spring and shim kit. ~ same as that price. Yes i did the install my self. Worked wonderfully well and stops better than the OEM pads with no dust !! So for me i saved about $2300 .

YMMV

Last edited by WRC-LVR; 01-28-2022 at 12:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (01-28-2022)