E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Keyless Go Oddity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 E350 Cab
Keyless Go Oddity

I just took delivery on my 2016 E550 cab. It has every option under the sun, except Keyless go. How does it have the premium package 3 with distronic plus, and surround view cameras but doesn't have keyless go? Is this something that can be retrofitted or should I not worry about it.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,431 Likes on 3,150 Posts
'71 Pinto
It doesn't have premium 1 package. IMHO forget KG given retrofit cost. Marketing brochure(s): https://www.auto-brochures.com/mercedes-benz.html

The following users liked this post:
Mr. Toad (02-23-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 10:29 AM

2014 E350 Cab
I still don't understand. It has premium package 3, which should include 2 and 1 since it has all those features. I'm seriously on the fence, since I have 7 days to return it. I really read through the vin report 15 times how did I miss "889 - Keyless go" not being there. It may seem weird, but it's a big feature for me I really enjoy having it. I don't WANT to move to the SL forums....
Old 02-22-2022, 10:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,431 Likes on 3,150 Posts
'71 Pinto
The way I read it is if P2 is ordered it requires P1 however, if P3 is ordered it requires P2 only.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:38 AM

2014 E350 Cab
Hmm, let me go down and check. I wonder if I have power folding mirrors and such, does it have air-scarf??
Old 02-22-2022, 10:45 AM

2014 E350 Cab
I think the puzzle pieces are falling together. This car had a "owner" on the carfax that never took delivery. I bet the person who ordered it, screwed up and didn't put P1 on it. So there's no airscarf (but it does have harmon kardon and Nav)
Old 02-22-2022, 05:40 PM

2014 E350 Cab
Correction it does NOT have the Harmon system, but it has almost everything else on that list, power folding mirrors, Sat radio, command and Nav. It just doesn't have air scarf and the keyless go.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:19 AM

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
It seems very curious to me that it could have Prem 2 and 3, but not have Prem 1.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:02 AM

2014 E350 Cab
Indeed, but I confirmed, there is no HK sound system, (there's no sub under the armrest). It doesn't have keyless go (although it does have the door handle black square but it doesn't do anything.). It also doesn't have airscarf, there's literally just a hole beneath the headrest. But for the things on the list it does have It has Sirius (or at least the stupid shark fin) There's a button that folds the mirrors. It does have Nav and I can use voice command. I think someone screwed up when ordering it, because on the carfax there are "3" owners yet there's no first owner, it just kind of sits in the dealership between 150 and 780 miles. "Screw you I'm not paying 80k for this!"

Prem 2 and 3 are there, surround cameras, the distronic works... mostly (lane markers around here are kind of dim) It has heated, cooled seats and the automated parking.

Wonder if that salesman got fired.
Old 02-25-2022, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 184 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21
Originally Posted by konigstiger
The way I read it is if P2 is ordered it requires P1 however, if P3 is ordered it requires P2 only.
i read it differently. P3 requires P2, P2 specifically states that it requires P1. In other words for P3, you need P2 and P1.
Mr. Toad (02-28-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 06:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E550 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Elvisfan0108
i read it differently. P3 requires P2, P2 specifically states that it requires P1. In other words for P3, you need P2 and P1.
agreed, I thought they were incremental as you move up the packages.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic Coupe, 2010 E350 4Matic, 2007 C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Mark Ariganello
Indeed, but I confirmed, there is no HK sound system, (there's no sub under the armrest). It doesn't have keyless go (although it does have the door handle black square but it doesn't do anything.). It also doesn't have airscarf, there's literally just a hole beneath the headrest. But for the things on the list it does have It has Sirius (or at least the stupid shark fin) There's a button that folds the mirrors. It does have Nav and I can use voice command. I think someone screwed up when ordering it, because on the carfax there are "3" owners yet there's no first owner, it just kind of sits in the dealership between 150 and 780 miles. "Screw you I'm not paying 80k for this!"

Prem 2 and 3 are there, surround cameras, the distronic works... mostly (lane markers around here are kind of dim) It has heated, cooled seats and the automated parking.

Wonder if that salesman got fired.
The black square allows you to raise/lower the windows by holding the lock or unlock button on the key fob while standing next to the car. I believe it when you’re about 3-5 feet close to the car. I’m not sure if it raises or lowers the top, but it opens/closes the sunroof with the windows.
Old 02-27-2022, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Convertible A207
I have the same features on mine.. And no keyless go... Hit the lock buttn 3 times and it will put the top down or up.. Must be facing drivers door with the black button on handle. You can also purchase a moduel called smarttop which will put the top down if you are further away and it allow you to put it up or down while driving.
Old 02-27-2022, 09:23 PM

2014 E350 Cab
Yea I'm as confused as you guys are. It's hard using a configurator for a 6 year old car, but it doesn't let you pick package 3 without 2 and 1. or package 3 lists everything from the others. Unless it was ordered Al-la-carte somehow. Ive decided to return it. It's a real bummer because the V8 is sweet, but with gas prices going crazy and the lack of keyless go (and the base sound system doesn't really sound... good...) plus a few cosmetic issues that weren't listed on the sale page. I've hopefully got a 2017 c300 cab coming that DOES have all those options.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:22 AM

2011 S550
Similar situation here. In the 30 day Carmax decision timeframe. 2016 E550 A207 great condition, P3 and AMG packages, low miles, one owner BUT no Airscarf and no Sirius access on radio rotating menu. Also Keyless go does not work and the start/stop button is missing. I bought a new MB OEM button and put it in. When pushing it the dash says "Remove button and insert key". So I believe I have Keyless go but it is just not functioning. I will try a new battery in the fob even though it works to remote open doors. I have it scheduled into Carmax service mid June(soonest they have!). One more note, a new battery was installed a couple months ago and I am wondering if that corrupted some Command/ECM code if not exchanged properly. Regarding Airscarf, I read in 2015-6 MBZ was sued for patent infringement of the Airscarf and wonder if this car fell into that timeframe and it was deleted. Airscarf seems kind of gimmicky but that's just my opinion and I never had the opportunity to experience it.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:22 PM

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
'18 E400 Cab
Originally Posted by Neptune36
Similar situation here. In the 30 day Carmax decision timeframe. 2016 E550 A207 great condition, P3 and AMG packages, low miles, one owner BUT no Airscarf and no Sirius access on radio rotating menu. Also Keyless go does not work and the start/stop button is missing. I bought a new MB OEM button and put it in. When pushing it the dash says "Remove button and insert key". So I believe I have Keyless go but it is just not functioning. I will try a new battery in the fob even though it works to remote open doors. I have it scheduled into Carmax service mid June(soonest they have!). One more note, a new battery was installed a couple months ago and I am wondering if that corrupted some Command/ECM code if not exchanged properly. Regarding Airscarf, I read in 2015-6 MBZ was sued for patent infringement of the Airscarf and wonder if this car fell into that timeframe and it was deleted. Airscarf seems kind of gimmicky but that's just my opinion and I never had the opportunity to experience it.

Yeah, this isn't the first thread I've seen here where someone was surprised a P1 feature was missing when they had P3. The page from K above looks like they should stack as a requirement, but apparently that's not how they really did the orders. P1 was optional was the answer in that other thread and it seems to hold true. I was very fortunate to get a P3 where they did order all the other packages.

For the Air Scarf - definitely NOT a gimmick. I can drive top down with windows up and the airscarf running down to about 50 degrees F comfortably. I crank the heat on feet and hands, airscarf on, lets me use the top down in Tennessee almost year-round.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:20 PM

2011 S550
Originally Posted by Grant_J
Yeah, this isn't the first thread I've seen here where someone was surprised a P1 feature was missing when they had P3. The page from K above looks like they should stack as a requirement, but apparently that's not how they really did the orders. P1 was optional was the answer in that other thread and it seems to hold true. I was very fortunate to get a P3 where they did order all the other packages.

For the Air Scarf - definitely NOT a gimmick. I can drive top down with windows up and the airscarf running down to about 50 degrees F comfortably. I crank the heat on feet and hands, airscarf on, lets me use the top down in Tennessee almost year-round.
Good to hear the Airscarf is a useful feature. I have most of the other features listed on P1 package, Command system with Nav, HK radio, folding mirrors, rearview camera. I don't see Sirius or Arirscarf , As mentioned before I don't care about Sirius because I BT stream Sirius and other sources with no problem. Regarding Keyless go start-stop button location, I'd like to hear back from someone who does not have keyless go option for sure. What does the keyfob insertion point in the dash look like? Does it look just like the key insertion point of Keyless go when the Start/Stop button is removed? Or is there some additional trim surrounding the Keyfob insertion point to "dress it out" to look better than the hole in the dash without the button. This will give me the information to conclude that I have either a defective Keyless GO or it was never installed.
Much appreciate everyone's input on this I have two more weeks before my appt with Carmax service. I also discovered the business card of the service manager of the dealer who sold and serviced this car throughout its one owner life. I will pick his brain tomorrow to see if he remembers this car which they last serviced on March this year. This E550 checks all my boxes, so I would be hard pressed to turn it back in. Looks like I'll be wearing a wool scarf!

Last edited by Neptune36; 05-30-2022 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:51 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
2011 E550 Cab
That does sound a bit weird, but it's MB. I find it odd that for an ultra premium brand their cars don't have basic options that non-premium brands provide standard. Our GLE350 had those awful MBtex seats instead of leather. Why wouldn't all of their E-class and up have standard leather? No standard SiriusXM or backup camera either. Crazy
Grant_J (06-01-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 184 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21
Originally Posted by BigMike62
That does sound a bit weird, but it's MB. I find it odd that for an ultra premium brand their cars don't have basic options that non-premium brands provide standard. Our GLE350 had those awful MBtex seats instead of leather. Why wouldn't all of their E-class and up have standard leather? No standard SiriusXM or backup camera either. Crazy
Not everyone wants leather seats. Plus MB and BMW have found out they can charge extra for leather. I don’t know about Sirius Xm but backup cameras have been mandatory in the US For years now. Since 2018. I am surprised that when they had stock, so many MBs came with MBtex. When I was shopping for convertibles. BMW and MB, I did have trouble finding one with adaptive cruise control. A $35k Toyota would have it standard, a $65k BMW or MB wouldn’t have it.