E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Star on sterring wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 11:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E350 Cab
Star on sterring wheel

Someone used a harsh chemical on my steering wheel at some point, and the chrome paint has come off most of the star in the middle of the airbag. It’s apparently necessary to replace the whole airbag piece to fix this.

Serms a wasteful and expensive proposition to throw out a perfectly good airbag just for that, and I’m a bit leery of a used module from eBay or wherever. But I stare at it a lot when I’m driving and it really bugs me.

So I’m hoping for “outside of the box” ideas like plastdip or black chrome or whatever. At this point I’d try something from Dbrand or slickwraps if I thought I had the skill.

Has anyone done anything creative or interesting to that star or to the inside chrome generally?

thanks
Old 03-16-2022, 03:43 PM

Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
04 E55, 06 E55, 05 G55, 14 E63s, 12 cls63
Originally Posted by RickyEarl
Someone used a harsh chemical on my steering wheel at some point, and the chrome paint has come off most of the star in the middle of the airbag. It’s apparently necessary to replace the whole airbag piece to fix this.

Serms a wasteful and expensive proposition to throw out a perfectly good airbag just for that, and I’m a bit leery of a used module from eBay or wherever. But I stare at it a lot when I’m driving and it really bugs me.

So I’m hoping for “outside of the box” ideas like plastdip or black chrome or whatever. At this point I’d try something from Dbrand or slickwraps if I thought I had the skill.

Has anyone done anything creative or interesting to that star or to the inside chrome generally?

thanks
you could replace the star,thats an option. which airbag do you have can you share?
i might have a spare one laying around