E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

ESP warning light weird problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 C207
ESP warning light weird problem

Hi All,
I’m hoping somebody may of had the same experience and can help. I have a 2010 E350 coupe, C207, and when I first use the car in the morning I put the key in, turn it two clicks so everything lights up dash wise and I then get the ESP is inoperative warning and then the run flat indicator not working warning. If you ignore or OK these with the steering wheel button you still can’t start the car as the glow plug light is out too and nothing happens when you turn the key. However once you’ve had the warnings, whether you try and start it or not, if you remove the key, put it back in again and turn it again no warnings at all and the car starts and runs fine all day, no warnings or issues however many times you start it again. It just happens once, after it’s been left overnight.
I had a new battery in November and have had that checked under warranty and it is fine as somebody said it might be low voltage causing it, the car does not have an auxiliary battery according to MB, and a friend has a decent but not STAR fault code reader and there are no fault codes recorded. It’s been doing it for about a week now, I can live with the taking the key out and in again thing as it takes seconds, but obvious something isn’t right and I just wondered if anybody had any ideas before I start forking out for a garage to look at it.
Thanks,
Steve.
Old 03-27-2022, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,289 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
2 steps start ...

You've cornered a problem with a 2-steps morning start up with errors 1st time, then 2nd time is the charm...

This gradual failure is a bit strange! What's even more special is all these "errors not getting logged" with your friends OBD2 reader.

>> Use a more compatible scanner to read fault codes. Without basic data, you'd be left with wild guessing what sort of upset ESP is reporting.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 03-27-2022 at 10:37 AM.