E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Convertible top Cleaner for inside of the soft top

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 Cabriolet
Convertible top Cleaner for inside of the soft top

my pre-owned A207 has a few stains on the soft top interior. any recommended products to clean it? it is a light grey so the stains are quite noticeable. i have seen plenty of suggestions for cleaning and protecting the exterior but none for the interior.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
E400 Cabriolet
You could get many different answers of products to try, but as someone who has detailed cars as a hobby for over 20 years I would caution you to be very careful when trying to clean any type of headliner material. You do not want to use too aggressive of a chemical as it could make it worse.

Without the advantage of being able to have a look myself, a popular cleaner among detailers that would be safe to try is an APC (all purpose cleaner) made by the German company Koch Chemie called “Pol Star.”

This is a concentrated neutral PH cleaner that can be used on all interior surfaces including delicate fabrics, leather, plastics, etc. You would dilute it 20:1. A very soft synthetic detailing brush would also be helpful to gently work the product into the affected area, then mop it up with a damp microfiber towel.

If that doesn’t work steam would be the next thing to try with it but that will start you down the detailing rabbit hole that you may not want to venture into…

Good luck.