E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Keyless Go module location on 2016 A207 E550 CONV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 09:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 S550
Keyless Go module location on 2016 A207 E550 CONV

Just took a delivery on a 2016 E550 Conv from Carmax. This unit has the Premium 3 option which includes Sirius and Keyless Go among a host of other options. When I picked up the car I neglected to question the reason for the key fob to be inserted where the Start Stop button normally is. I also now see there is no Sirius function in the Command menu. Thats for later in another post. After getting home and seeing I could not unlock the doors with the fob in my pocket I realized the Keyless GO is not working. Researching this forum I see there is a module that may need replacing. I'm willing to try replacing this. I see some on EBAY. Does anyone know where this module may be in an A207 model location. Trunk? but where? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:05 PM

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
'18 E400 Cab
Sorry to ask a difficult question but have you verified that VIN was built with P3 and keyless go? I'd start there if you haven't. Hopefully it has it and just needs a module like you mentioned. Doesn't Carmax have a 7 day return policy? I'd be holding them to this one before chasing down a fix on a car you just bought. You should be enjoying that beautiful ride, not fixing it.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:28 PM

Received 166 Likes on 140 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
Plug your VIN in here and it'll tell you a lot, including keyless or not:
https://www.lastvin.com

If you have keyless then the keyless button should be in the console or somewhere. If your key can't lock it remotely then I'd assume the battery is dead, which explains everything. It takes a 2025 but if you ever want more batt life you can put a 2032 in there, which is what I do, you just have to mod the key a bit which I can explain.

I threw this one in because has all kinds of cool stats. This link if for the US Coupe because that's what I have, but you can find yours in there:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/c...7g-tronic.html
Old 05-26-2022, 10:40 PM

2011 S550
In answer to Grant and Chevota. First thanks for offering insight. Yes I have confirmed on lastvin and monroony sticker labels that my vehicle has keyless go, sirus, Distronic plus and all the other features listed in premium 3 option. The drivers exterior door handle has the square sensor one would touch to lock if the the fob is on a pocket close by. The start stop button I I believe would only be there for keyless go feature. So yes the car is configured for Keyless go. As far as the fob battery is concerned, the manual states the tell-tale for a good battery is a red light blink when pressing a fob button which I have confirmed happens on both fobs. Additionally the fobs will remotely lock-unlock the car when the proper button is pressed and will open the trunk when pressed. So configuration is there, fobs have batteries that work. Tomorrow I am getting in a replacement start stop button to install in the location where its supposed to be. With no codes thrown as determined in a scan at the Euro shop I am not sure what is a fault. the keyless go antenna? the keyless go module? a fuse? I will find out if the button solves the issue although I doubt it will. Next is in Carmax lane to service it. I'll report back as I get more direction.
The following users liked this post:
Grant_J (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 10:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,431 Likes on 3,150 Posts
'71 Pinto
Have Carmax revisit t make certain all works properly.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:33 AM

2011 S550
Scheduled in two weeks. After PPI all else good so I will be patient for them to resolve Keyless GO and the Command not displaying Sirius Sat Radio in anywhere in the the Radio menu. Tires are 2015 date codes, good tread but some dry rot on edges. I will add that to the list, then see what responses are.
The following users liked this post:
Grant_J (05-27-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 09:06 PM

E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
I'd look around for the start button because I noticed sellers like to pull them out for some reason. Maybe people like to pocket them or something? I'm sure you checked the glove box and console, but I'd check really well between the console and seats and under the seats. And of course the ashtray and storage spots in the doors, that little compartment between the rear seats. Also the trunk, maybe they put it in a box or who knows what.
Be sure you have the key for the wheel locks too, which I assume it has? Mine were in a little plastic box in the trunk that also contained the 4 old non-locking bolts. It'll be a problem if you don't have that puppy...

Glad to hear you got two keys with it. Mine is the only one ever that I got both keys for, and the only one of all my friends as well. I was starting to think they save them for some reason, souvenirs, repo reasons, to steal it later, or maybe they get a kickback if you buy a new key? I dunno but something is up. If this latest car came without a key I was going to buy a key programmer because I'm done paying the dealer.
The only difference is I bought this car from a dealer. I also found out the warranty transfers to the new owner unless you buy if from a dealer. WTF? If any exemption is made I'd assume it would be private sales. I don't understand....
I did have an issue but they wouldn't have covered it anyway because they don't acknowledge the issue. I wish I could do that with my taxes.

I know nothing about Sirius, except they want $ and sent me 50 fliers in the main and emails trying to get me to pay for it until finally giving up after some 6-12 months. That and MB would send me some bs deal to remote start the car for like $3-400 a year. Pass. Stuff like that should be free, so they can use their intake duct to draw a vacuum on my chickens father.
As for the music, I just put a butt-lode of MP3's on an SD card and I have all the music I need. I have two cards, each loaded with a different kind of music. The little storage chingadero on the console just fwd of the main storage box, appears to be designed for SD cards. I think it would take me over a year to play one card.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:31 PM

2011 S550
I have both key fobs and the box with the wheel locks. I bought a Start/Stop button so have that. And I agree with Sirius. I have one account that gives me streaming with the Sirus app on my phone. I bluetooth that app on my other cars as well as using me 1500 song library on Utunes and add in Pandora. If I can get KeyLess Go fixed I'll be ok.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:08 PM

E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
So you got the keyless go button but it didn't work? I was curious about that so I found this video on it:
Apparently he just plugged in an it worked.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:27 PM

2011 S550
I bought an MB OEM start stop button. Pressed it in and no go. Dash display says "Remove button and insert ket to start"