E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

MB Sat Nav not taking me to postcode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 01:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A207 E250
MB Sat Nav not taking me to postcode

The Sat Nav in my car still has the original 2015 installation - the datacard states 3 years free updates but obviously, the previous owner did not bother having them done.

Twice yesterday, put in a postcode and it took me to a location that was about 0.5 to 1 mile short of where the actual postcode was located. It was a case of get the mobile out and use Google maps to get to where I was going. Anyone else have this problem and is the latest update more accurate.

Old 06-16-2022, 01:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A207 E250
Best 'in car' sat nav

I have now had 4 cars with in-built sat navs and my experiences of them:

Rover 75, not really an in-built sat nav but a Chinese made unit that did the entertainment side and also sat nav running IGO8

Next a Vauxhall Insignia with a Vauxhall unit

Then a Jaguar XF with a Jaguar unit

Now an MB Cabriolet with an MB unit.

Both the Vauxhall and MB units were very polite saying 'please' each time a manoeuvre was required. The other two did not say please.

However, the best software was the IGO8. It showed the distance and what was required for the next two changes in direction. Though at times you would input a postcode and the Chinese unit would declare that there was not enough memory, which could be a little frustrating.

The worst of the four has to be the MB unit. Does not show what the next manoeuvre is nor the distance to it and, in another post I have made, will sometimes be short of an actual postcode by 0.5 to 1 mile.
Old 06-17-2022, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 184 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21
Originally Posted by PaulTee
I have now had 4 cars with in-built sat navs and my experiences of them:

Rover 75, not really an in-built sat nav but a Chinese made unit that did the entertainment side and also sat nav running IGO8

Next a Vauxhall Insignia with a Vauxhall unit

Then a Jaguar XF with a Jaguar unit

Now an MB Cabriolet with an MB unit.

Both the Vauxhall and MB units were very polite saying 'please' each time a manoeuvre was required. The other two did not say please.

However, the best software was the IGO8. It showed the distance and what was required for the next two changes in direction. Though at times you would input a postcode and the Chinese unit would declare that there was not enough memory, which could be a little frustrating.

The worst of the four has to be the MB unit. Does not show what the next manoeuvre is nor the distance to it and, in another post I have made, will sometimes be short of an actual postcode by 0.5 to 1 mile.
What is a post code?