E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2011 E350 Coupe, small improvements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Coupe
2011 E350 Coupe, small improvements

Hello everybody.

I bought 2011 E350 coupe with about 25k miles 6 months ago and I am enjoying it ever since!

Simply because it is not 2011 anymore, there are small items that I would prefer to improve to make it easier to live with. I already found some information how to fit Android Auto and similar new technologies to the car and ordered parts, but one single issue still remains, - wireless charger.

I cannot find place where I can install a wireless charger. There is no flat area anywhere (gear selector is not on the steering wheel column in mine) where I can do it.
Can anyone advice where wireless charger may go? Maybe share, if you have already done that?

thank you.
RF
The following users liked this post:
RealDonn (09-06-2022)
Old 05-17-2023, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 E350 Coupe
Wireless charging

The two best locations are the center arm rest storage compartment and the front ashtray.

The center armrest is easiest as it has a pre-existing usb port and an obsolete music adapter. The simplest solution is to add a tray in the armrest with a wireless charger and just plug into the usb, Warning this is an old style low power usb. You can get a tray for $20 and a flat wireless charger for another $20 from eBay. You can find the tray under W204 parts (same center console was used on the C class as the 2009 to 2013 C207).

The ashtray has a cigarette lighter available for power. This location will be more work depending if you want to retain the sliding door to hide your phone and charger. I would buy a used ashtray with the cigarette lighter and cable ($40). Then use a dremel tool to remove the plastic ashtray and lighter to make space for the flat wireless charger ($20). Use the cigarette lighter and cable you removed to power the wireless charger (it should tuck out of sight).

If you are an adapt DIYers you can retrofit in a wireless charger in either location and return your car to factory if needed.

Last edited by mistert2; 05-26-2023 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2023, 10:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RobertFrost
Hello everybody.

I bought 2011 E350 coupe with about 25k miles 6 months ago and I am enjoying it ever since!

Simply because it is not 2011 anymore, there are small items that I would prefer to improve to make it easier to live with. I already found some information how to fit Android Auto and similar new technologies to the car and ordered parts, but one single issue still remains, - wireless charger.

I cannot find place where I can install a wireless charger. There is no flat area anywhere (gear selector is not on the steering wheel column in mine) where I can do it.
Can anyone advice where wireless charger may go? Maybe share, if you have already done that?

thank you.
RF
Which Android auto did you order?