E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

PRE-SAFE Functions Currently Limited Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4Matic Coupe
PRE-SAFE Functions Currently Limited Warning

Hi All,

Please excuse me if I incorrectly added to this forum as this is my first time posting. A little while back I ran into the “PRE-SAFE Functions Currently Limited Warning“ on my dashboard. The
adaptive cruise has since stopped working and I’m starting to miss it in the bumper to bumper traffic. After running the codes the below codes appeared. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so what did you do to fix it?

C1636FC
A3A813
C160400

Old 02-06-2024, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,382 Likes on 2,252 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
unstable main long distance radar

Have you tried faults with only limited results. The main issue is back. Distronic needs working radars!

active fault: radar has amnesia

if this comes back you'll need to try a calibration hoping you dont need a new unit replaced.

IGNORE the two other stored faults about unstable radar. They come new from factory with side radars faults. I think this has something to do with poor wiring connections upfront side.

Old 02-28-2024, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,208 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Not sure if the iCarsoft has this capability, but here is how you restore/calibrate Distronic using the LAUNCH Creader Elite BENZ scan tool.

Navigate to system DTR-DISTRONIC(A89) and select Special Function.
  1. Read the Operating instructions. When you select Continue, it will automatically put your radar sensors into calibration mode.
  2. You then must take a drive, trying to stay in a straight path at a fairly constant speed. The drive lasts about 15-20 minutes or 10 miles before PRE-SAFE functions are restored. During calibration, everything is inoperable and you will have yellow triangles displayed in your external rear view mirrors. When calibration is completed, the yellow triangles turn off and you will get a message that PRE-SAFE functions are restored.
  3. Sorry, but I didn't read all the Operating instructions, and inadvertently initiated calibration on my car. I missed capturing a screen shot that gives more information. But if you get this far, the rest is self-explanatory. I don't have time right now to do it again.

You can also check the status of your calibration by selecting Read Data Stream from the menu selection. This will be helpful in determining the progress and status of your calibration drive.

Lastly, though I didn't do it this way, you may also be able to initiate calibration by selecting Initial startup with test drive and repeating the above instructions. The Initial Startup menu item is right below Special Function menu item.

The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (02-29-2024)