E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Top Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 09:53 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 E550 Cabriolet 2011 VW Eos 1985 Pininfarina Spider
Top Issue

I have a 2012 and last night I had an issue with the top when I attempted to put it up.. The top went up, the trunk went down, the back window went down; but the piece in between the two would not attach. It would go down, but not all the way and stayed about 2 inches above the trunk. I just moved to the area and asked around about a mechanic and took it to a local Mercedes place today. He scanned and said it was either one of the switches, the wire in between the switches or the top module. I made the soonest possible appointment, which is 4 weeks away. In the meantime I asked about getting the top to shut completely, as I park outside. He then pushed that piece into place, but now the top does not work at all. No sounds or warnings, just nothing. What is the chance he did more damage pushing that piece into place? I can't seem to find any info on a module. I am trying to find worst case scenario. How much is a module?
The following users liked this post:
RealDonn (05-01-2024)