E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Two years of ownership.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 12:24 PM

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Mercedes e350 coupe
Two years of ownership.

Hi.

I adopted my sweet car 2 years ago today, a basic 2013 e350. The experience has been beyond anything that I might had expected. Previously, I drove a 2005 MINI Cooper S for 17 years…I still miss that car.

I have not had any issues what so ever with this Mercedes. I do over service my machines so I did spend around $3000. on basically unneeded upkeep (all fluids inc transmission, etc…4 Michelin shoes, alignment, ceramic coating, one door dent removed, air filters, etc). This is our only car, so it needs to be up to date on all servicing and shots. The car cost $19,995. plus 7 percent sales tax. No dealer fee. I am simply amazed on what I was able to purchase for that price point, with a clean car-fax. In 2 years time I have racked up about 8K miles..so the clock reads just under 70K this morning. I don’t drive much.

At the beginning, the Mercedes seemed way too large not nearly as nimble as my MINI…but that void has faded. The quality of the finishes inside and out are top notch. Thankfully the chrome seat handles are still holding their chrome. And how impressive that I have neither a squeek,,nor rattles! None.

As mentioned I tend to over service my cars. I wash the beast every friday morning (7am). Every Friday also includes (on a rotation) areospace 303 , vacuuming, interior windows..and the final friday exterior spray wax..I use Mothers for ceramic coating). I’m especially proud of my spotless wheel wells and door jambs. And I prefer that you don’t breath if riding in my passanger seat. And as clean as my car seems to me,,,I see many C207’s on this forum that are possibly cleaner. Anyhow.

For many months, my top speed was 30mph..haha. I have now taken it out on the freeway twice (80mph)….it handled quite tight. Very quiet in the cabin at that speed.

Now my only complaint is an issue probably caused by myself. The sound system is not very good. I think that I might have soaked the speakers with Aeorspace 303 ( I tend to over use that product). Anyhow, the music from a cd sounds bad. I have tried to adjust the settings( treble, base, balance). I really prefer to drive in silence, so I have not addressed this issue.

The dealer repaired air seat bolsters are still working just fine ( they took awhile to fine tune). I hope to keep this excellent machine for many more years. This car was simply an excellent choice.

Lastly,

I read this forum daily, so many thanks to all for sharing their brain.

Motor on,

Mark

Old 08-14-2024, 06:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C207
Mine is a similar story to yours, only now 7 years of ownership for this 2009 model. My E350 is soon to click over 80,000klm, (50,000miles) with no major issues, sure things wear out and break due to usage but fortunately nothing major. It drives like it recently came out of the dealership, no rattles or squeaks. I machined polished it and clean it as often as possible, not weekly though! My only modification was to change the wheels over to CLS wheels.

Happy driving!

The following users liked this post:
Snarla (08-14-2024)
Old 08-15-2024, 08:42 AM

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by Snarla
The sound system is not very good.
Do you have the base system, or the Harman Kardon Logic 7?

The dealer repaired air seat bolsters are still working just fine
What did that cost you? Did they replace the air pump and control pods as well?
Old 08-15-2024, 10:10 AM

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Mercedes e350 coupe
Hello Mr. Toad.

I must have the Harmon Kardon, as I see that moniker on the door speaker. I think that I drenched the speakers closest to the windshield with an Aerospace 303 cocktail..or two. But maybe not. Probably the rear speakers, too.

And the seat bolster repair was comped by the dealer who sold me the car. I did give the service manager a hundred bucks?, or something. That took some time and patience. I never saw the final bill, but they replaced miles and miles of plastic tubing, connectors, and blatters…plus 2 pumps. I kept the old parts for a while. I don’t know why. The repair is likely temporary, as it is of poor complicated design. And the culprit ended up being a combination of a faulty driver front seat bladder (leaking), and the control module had issues on the driver side.

Best,

Mark
Old 08-16-2024, 08:38 AM

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
the seat bolster repair was comped by the dealer who sold me the car. I did give the service manager a hundred bucks?, or something. That took some time and patience. I never saw the final bill, but they replaced miles and miles of plastic tubing, connectors, and blatters…plus 2 pumps. I kept the old parts for a while. I don’t know why. The repair is likely temporary, as it is of poor complicated design. And the culprit ended up being a combination of a faulty driver front seat bladder (leaking), and the control module had issues on the driver side.
The dealer replaced the air pump, all seven bladders, and both control pods in my car. They charged me a "discounted" rate of $3,000. It is indeed a very poor design, destined for repeated failure.