E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

E53 Coupe - Optionals UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi
E53 Coupe - Optionals UK

On the UK configurator I can't find ventilated seats and power door closing. On the Germany website they are
optionals. Can I ask a dealer in the UK to put them in my order even thought the UK site doesn't have them?
Old 09-06-2018, 10:23 AM

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
Sadly not. The UK options are locked right down. Some because MB don't want to change the look of cars (heated steering wheel for example as it only comes with a round wheel and not a flat bottomed wheel), others for no logic, such as heated rear seats are not available accross the whole e class range. In the case of our e class cab because build went from Apr 18 (808 car) to Jun 18 (809 car) we lost the ability to have flowing lines interior trim (much to my wifes annoyance). When MB UK order the car the ordering system only allows them to order UK options that the importer has decided to take, I think their logic is that it stops Halo cars and means that the used market has a simpler choice of cars. It also probably a result of the crazy level of PCP deals in UK as only about 10% of buyers actually "buy" a new car.

The only compensation is that the UK price undiscounted list price is about 27% cheaper with equal spec compared to the German price. In the case of our convertible the UK List is £44.6k and we have then added £10k of options, so a total of £54.6k. The German price is €56.3k for the base car and you need to add €10.6k to get to standard UK spec, so total base price €66.9k (£60.6k@ £1/€1.10) and adding the options to take it to our final spec means spending another €16.3k, bringing the cost of the car to €83.2k (£75.6k!). Having checked the price in Fr/Sp/Be/It/Lux/NL the final price seems to be between €82k and €89k. Our Estate has similar price differentials. So either the UK market gets a cracking deal or MB is making a mint from its LHD customers especially has we have high teen discounts on both cars and MB UK are still making money.