E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Build Dates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:07 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 E450 Cab, 2021 E350 Sedan
Build Dates

Ordered my E450 Cab last month and was told today that it probably wouldn’t be delivered until March 2019. Anyone else heard of or experiencing this.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2024 GLS580; 2019 E450 4M Coupe; 2019 Lexus ES350
We ordered our E450 4M Coupe last month too but delivery was confirmed in December. Not sure if it's only because it's a coupe, but I know there's several options that may delay an order (445 warmth & comfort package, 443 Heated steering wheel, 463 HUD, 464 Digital instrument cluster, L3D Wood/leather steering wheel, 15A LED logo projectors)
Old 09-12-2018, 11:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 E450 Cab, 2021 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by dtl919
We ordered our E450 4M Coupe last month too but delivery was confirmed in December. Not sure if it's only because it's a coupe, but I know there's several options that may delay an order (445 warmth & comfort package, 443 Heated steering wheel, 463 HUD, 464 Digital instrument cluster, L3D Wood/leather steering wheel, 15A LED logo projectors)
I do have some of those options but dealer is telling me it is because of demand. Sounds strange.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:59 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
It also depends on whether your dealer has an allocation for what you want. If they don't have one that is due to be built soon, you're going to have to wait or find a dealer that does if you want the car sooner.
The following users liked this post:
rustybear3 (09-15-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E450AC
2019 E450AC Delivery

There has been a lot of questions on various threads about the build and delivery dates for the 2019 E 450. We ordered our 2019 cabriolet 4Matic back in May and our dealer had a production slot which was unsold for July 16 so we snapped up the production slot and it was far enough out at the time that we were able to select exactly what we wanted from the dealer ordering guide. Got a call on July 15 that our production date was moved to August 1 due to the 12.3” screen instrument cluster not being available for production. It has been quiet ever since and I’ve been scouring the internet trying to figure out when deliveries would begin for the 2019s. Common consent was any cars built and in the US were holding in port for the official release.

Happy to inform ... I got an email yesterday that the car will be at my dealer Monday or Tuesday of next week and I can take delivery shortly thereafter! Totally stoked of course. As luck would have it, I will be traveling for business all week and I won’t be able to go pick her up until the weekend. Test of patience.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C43 AMG
several of them showing up at LA dealerships
Old 09-25-2018, 08:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
E450 Coupe
I'm preparing to order. Dealer says there's no HUD available "for the foreseeable future." Anyone know what the issue is? Japan seems to have no trouble delivering HUDs, and at much lower cost, too.

Also LED Logo Projectors are not a coupe/cab option, right? Sedan only, no?
Old 09-26-2018, 03:53 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
MB have serious problems with their JIT ordering system. This is one area where the could learn a lot from the Japanese.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:48 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by guhvies
MB have serious problems with their JIT ordering system. This is one area where the could learn a lot from the Japanese.
Thanks. It's truly head-scratching that a world-class car maker such as MB offers this option but cannot deliver it. It's something I really want (after driving a Lexus that has it). Can't decide: Should I order the car and hope HUD becomes available to add in before the build date, accept a car without it and maybe have regrets, or just wait god-knows-how-long until HUDs are back in stock. Ugh.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:45 PM

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
E53
Has anyone ordered an E53 Coupe or Cabriolet and heard that it's in the US being held by US authorities for release? I ordered an E53 Coupe scheduled to be built around November 3rd. I was wondering what the chances are the E53 will be released in the US by the time mine arrives in a port.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:41 AM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
Originally Posted by lensjack
Thanks. It's truly head-scratching that a world-class car maker such as MB offers this option but cannot deliver it. It's something I really want (after driving a Lexus that has it). Can't decide: Should I order the car and hope HUD becomes available to add in before the build date, accept a car without it and maybe have regrets, or just wait god-knows-how-long until HUDs are back in stock. Ugh.
MB in the UK have solved this problem completely - All cars produced since 01 Apr 18 for the UK market unless you order a proper AMG petrol model (not just an AMG Line Car) can't have HUD (or massage seats, or heated rear seats, or heated windscreen.......)
Old 09-27-2018, 09:56 AM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2024 GLS580; 2019 E450 4M Coupe; 2019 Lexus ES350

Also LED Logo Projectors are not a coupe/cab option, right? Sedan only, no?
It's available for the coupe. We couldn't order it when we ordered our E450 4M coupe (due to supply issues), but the dealer said he can purchase the part and install it after we take delivery.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:50 AM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by Bfgslkman
MB in the UK have solved this problem completely - All cars produced since 01 Apr 18 for the UK market unless you order a proper AMG petrol model (not just an AMG Line Car) can't have HUD (or massage seats, or heated rear seats, or heated windscreen.......)
Yikes.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E450 4MATIC Cabrio
Sorry if I'm zombie-ing a thread, but...

I want to order an E450 cabriolet, completely custom, with four items that have the "!" next to them in the latest DOG I have. I called my dealer this past weekend and asked if we needed to "step things up," at least in terms of doing a test drive, because of things I've read in this forum and how I'm not going to buy a car I haven't test driven. I emailed them the list I share, below, but they came back after conferring for about ten minutes and said not to worry, that it would only take 1-2 months from order to delivery with the list I provided. I've marked the "!" items with an asterisk (*).

I'm a bit scared that they're not doing proper due diligence, can anyone else please confirm this? I'm targeting first week in February as my "ideal" delivery date range because it'll be near when a bunch of things hit financially for us so it'll cushion the final payment. The basic question I'm asking is - should I be worried and ask an alternative dealership in the area (Raleigh/Durham, NC) to corroborate, or should I trust the guy with whom I've already been working?

Incidentally, they don't have any E450 cab's coming in any time soon (though I was able to sit in one that someone had bought and they were awaiting delivery on, key for me since I'm 6'8" tall), and they said, "Well, we have a 2019 E53 cab coming in the first week in November, you want to test drive that one?" Umm, yes, please.

First Merc for this household and I'd really love to have it go as smoothly as possible, so any input would be appreciated.

BUILD:
A238 4MATIC E-Class Cabriolet
992 Selenite Grey
720 Black Top
22R 18" Twin 5-Spoke Wheels
P62 Designo Black/Titanium Grey Pearl
H06 Brown Ash wood trim
656 Center Console in Brown Ash wood
P01 Premium Package
995 Parking Assistance Package
445 Warmth and Comfort Package *
401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
464 12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster *
463 Head-Up Display *
883 Soft-Close Doors
068 Wheel Locking Bolts
319 Exterior Lighting Package
U25 Illuminated Door Sills with "Mercedes-Benz" Lettering
15A LED Logo Projectors *
Old 10-08-2018, 07:11 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by Tyler Pomerhn
I want to order an E450 cabriolet, completely custom, with four items that have the "!" next to them in the latest DOG I have. I called my dealer this past weekend and asked if we needed to "step things up," at least in terms of doing a test drive, because of things I've read in this forum and how I'm not going to buy a car I haven't test driven. I emailed them the list I share, below, but they came back after conferring for about ten minutes and said not to worry, that it would only take 1-2 months from order to delivery with the list I provided. I've marked the "!" items with an asterisk (*).

I'm a bit scared that they're not doing proper due diligence, can anyone else please confirm this? I'm targeting first week in February as my "ideal" delivery date range because it'll be near when a bunch of things hit financially for us so it'll cushion the final payment. The basic question I'm asking is - should I be worried and ask an alternative dealership in the area (Raleigh/Durham, NC) to corroborate, or should I trust the guy with whom I've already been working?

Incidentally, they don't have any E450 cab's coming in any time soon (though I was able to sit in one that someone had bought and they were awaiting delivery on, key for me since I'm 6'8" tall), and they said, "Well, we have a 2019 E53 cab coming in the first week in November, you want to test drive that one?" Umm, yes, please.

First Merc for this household and I'd really love to have it go as smoothly as possible, so any input would be appreciated.

BUILD:
A238 4MATIC E-Class Cabriolet
992 Selenite Grey
720 Black Top
22R 18" Twin 5-Spoke Wheels
P62 Designo Black/Titanium Grey Pearl
H06 Brown Ash wood trim
656 Center Console in Brown Ash wood
P01 Premium Package
995 Parking Assistance Package
445 Warmth and Comfort Package *
401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
464 12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster *
463 Head-Up Display *
883 Soft-Close Doors
068 Wheel Locking Bolts
319 Exterior Lighting Package
U25 Illuminated Door Sills with "Mercedes-Benz" Lettering
15A LED Logo Projectors *
Last week I ordered a coupe with some of the same options from a Southern California MB dealer referred to me by Costco. The dealer has been very responsive and transparent. He was able to order the 12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster and the Illuminated Door Sills but not the HUD or the LED Logo Projectors. He said neither of those two will be available in the current build cycle; MB didn't order enough to meet demand, so even if we wanted to add them at the last minute, MB won't have them. I've found no information to contradict this, and have no reason to doubt him. My build is scheduled for the first week in December, delivery mid-to-late January.

You fit comfortably in a cabriolet at 6-8? I'm just under 6-2; felt like I had about an inch clearance above my head in the coupe. But a 6-4 friend has an E 400 coupe and fits fine. May be just a matter of how tall or short we are from the waist up, and where we set seat height. I believe the coupe has fractionally more headroom than the cab.

Like you, I wouldn't buy a car without driving it. Personally, I loved the way it rode and handled. As much as anything, the test drive sealed the deal for me.

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2018, 07:59 PM

2019 E450 4MATIC Cabrio
Thanks for such a quick reply... yeah I'm a big un but it's mostly legs. I actually have a friend who is 6'6" and when we stand next to each other I am obviously taller, but when seated he is taller. Freaky. The Merc seats have so much play it's fantastic, I had plenty of headroom. Nobody can sit behind me rho.

Would be a real bummer if I missed those two options, when you say current build cycle, does that mean in a few months it might be okay again? Or does current build cycle mean MY19?

Thanks again, I'm hoping that if the test drive happens first week of November that I will be on track for early February delivery, based on your schedule that seems reasonable.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:03 PM

E53
You fit comfortably in a cabriolet at 6-8? I'm just under 6-2; felt like I had about an inch clearance above my head in the coupe. But a 6-4 friend has an E 400 coupe and fits fine. May be just a matter of how tall or short we are from the waist up, and where we set seat height. I believe the coupe has fractionally more headroom than the cab.

Like you, I wouldn't buy a car without driving it. Personally, I loved the way it rode and handled. As much as anything, the test drive sealed the deal for me.

Good luck!
This is my second time buying a Mercedes without being able to test drive. I think the risk can be minimized with good research. I bought a 2015 C400 in May of 2014. It was ultimately built in September 2014. I had traveled to the New York Auto Show to see the car and sit in it for size since it was a new design. Unfortunately, because it wasn’t a production car, they wouldn’t let anyone sit in it. I was concerned about the headroom, so I ordered it without the panoramic roof. Everything worked out well. Last month, I ordered a 2019 E53 Coupe. Obviously, I haven’t been able to drive one. I saw it at the NY Auto Show, but like my experience with the C400, I wasn’t able to sit in it. I looked at all the published dimensions. I drove an E450 Coupe and Cabriolet. Both have the same dimensions, most importantly headroom. Both gave me plenty of headroom in the front and the back seats. I’m a little concerned about the stiffness of the “AMG Sport Suspension based on Air Body Control.” Everything I’ve read from test drives and reviews says it is comfortable in the Comfort and Eco modes. I hope so. Even if it’s not quite as comfortable and smooth as the non-AMG E Coupe, I’m willing to trade a bit of suspension softness for the power and handling of the AMG. My E53 is scheduled to be built November 3rd and hopefully delivered before Christmas.

Last edited by BenzC400; 10-08-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:17 PM

E450 Coupe
Thanks for such a quick reply... yeah I'm a big un but it's mostly legs. I actually have a friend who is 6'6" and when we stand next to each other I am obviously taller, but when seated he is taller. Freaky. The Merc seats have so much play it's fantastic, I had plenty of headroom. Nobody can sit behind me rho.

Would be a real bummer if I missed those two options, when you say current build cycle, does that mean in a few months it might be okay again? Or does current build cycle mean MY19?

Thanks again, I'm hoping that if the test drive happens first week of November that I will be on track for early February delivery, based on your schedule that seems reasonable.
My (admittedly imperfect) understanding of "current build cycle" meant as it applied to my order - so not available for any 2019 cars built between now and at least the end of the first week in December. Whether it extends beyond that, I can't say. Let's hope you can score those options by building a little later than me.

At least one MB owner on these forums told me he wouldn't order the logo projectors again. He thought they weren't worth the money. Not getting the HUD bums me out more. My wife's Lexus has one, and the 2019 coupe I test drove had it (which suggests MB ran out very recently). I loved the HUD on both cars. And if I'd been told I also couldn't get the Digital Instrument Cluster, I would not have ordered. Really did not like the analog in 2019 coupes I looked at.

This is a first Merc for me, too. Maybe experienced MB owners can shed let on the build cycles.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:24 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by BenzC400
This is my second time buying a Mercedes without being able to test drive. I think the risk can be minimized with good research. I bought a 2015 C400 in May of 2014. It was ultimately built in September 2014. I had traveled to the New York Auto Show to see the car and sit in it for size since it was a new design. Unfortunately, because it wasn’t a production car, they wouldn’t let anyone sit in it. I was concerned about the headroom, so I ordered it without the panoramic roof. Everything worked out well. Last month, I ordered a 2019 E53 Coupe. Obviously, I haven’t been able to drive one. I saw it at the NY Auto Show, but like my experience with the C400, I wasn’t able to sit in it. I looked at all the published dimensions. I drove an E450 Coupe and Cabriolet. Both have the same dimensions, most importantly headroom. Both gave me plenty of headroom in the front and the back seats. I’m a little concerned about the stiffness of the “AMG Sport Suspension based on Air Body Control.” Everything I’ve read from test drives and reviews says it is comfortable in the Comfort and Eco modes. I hope so. Even if it’s not quite as comfortable and smooth as the non-AMG E Coupe, I’m willing to trade a bit of suspension softness for the power and handling of the AMG. My E53 is scheduled to be built November 3rd and hopefully delivered before Christmas.
Sounds like you're in for a very merry holiday season. Enjoy! I'll be listening to Elvis singing "Blue Christmas." And once I shake off the New Years hangover, I'll probably start stalking my dealer, shouting: "Is it here yet? Is it here yet?" :-)
Old 10-08-2018, 08:37 PM

E53
Sounds like you're in for a very merry holiday season. Enjoy! I'll be listening to Elvis singing "Blue Christmas." And once I shake off the New Years hangover, I'll probably start stalking my dealer, shouting: "Is it here yet? Is it here yet?" :-)
It will end up being a Christmas present for my wife. It will be her daily driver. I only get to drive it on weekends and for trips. When we travel together, I drive.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:26 AM

2019 E450 4MATIC Cabrio
Originally Posted by BenzC400
It will end up being a Christmas present for my wife. It will be her daily driver. I only get to drive it on weekends and for trips. When we travel together, I drive.
That's awesome, brownie points in store for you for sure...

Been talking about getting a convertible i fit in for a while, and two weekends ago my wife and i drive by a dealership and she nonchalantly asks, "Want to go see if you fit in that convrrtible you want?" She thought I wanted an SL or roadster, something in the 125,000 range, and when she heard that a maxed out E450 was "only" mid 80s, she started musing about all the places she could take it when I'm not using it as a daily driver.

I don't know if I'll be adamant about HUD or not but I'm flexible on the logo projectors. Hope that, given the later build for mine, they get them in on time...
Old 10-10-2018, 03:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
I'd be very leery of any dealer who would tell me "not to worry" regarding the availability of any vehicle whos option list includes items currently identified in the most recent DOG as "limited availability/delayed availability" etc. Waaaay to many horror stories about deadlines not being met/promises being broken just so the dealer can get ahold of your deposit.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:56 PM

2019 E450 4MATIC Cabrio
Originally Posted by 4MaticCoupe
I'd be very leery of any dealer who would tell me "not to worry" regarding the availability of any vehicle whos option list includes items currently identified in the most recent DOG as "limited availability/delayed availability" etc. Waaaay to many horror stories about deadlines not being met/promises being broken just so the dealer can get ahold of your deposit.
Since this is my first experience with the process, what is the deposit process like? I was assuming (I know, shame on me) that at deposit time, everything is entered into a system and based on MB's supply chain, production schedules, etc... they should be able to give me a date (within reason, of course)... wouldn't any shortages be readily apparent then?
While I'm not technically in a rush to get the car, i dont exactly want to be deliberately misled...
Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
best advice I could give is to spend some time reviewing some of the older W213 threads. while one would hope that everything you've cited would be standard sop, it just doesn't appear to be that way for this product. just look at the fact that - even though the C238's are starting to find their way on to dealers lots - MBUSA still won't update their configurator to reflect MY '19 vehicles. and since we're not talking port installed options, one would probably want to be as informed as possible … even though it may be through others experience(s). I couldn't even get MBUSA to give me an honest answer to the availability of Rubellite Red paint and 20" wheels for the U.S. market 19's a few months ago, even though they were shown on configurators for foreign countries.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:34 PM

E450 Coupe
Since this is my first experience with the process, what is the deposit process like? I was assuming (I know, shame on me) that at deposit time, everything is entered into a system and based on MB's supply chain, production schedules, etc... they should be able to give me a date (within reason, of course)... wouldn't any shortages be readily apparent then?
While I'm not technically in a rush to get the car, i dont exactly want to be deliberately misled...
First Benz for me, too, so I'm no expert. Can only tell you that my dealer did not ask for a deposit, gave me a build date (first week in December), gave me an approximate delivery date (mid-to-late January), and told me that when he ordered the car, the system would not allow him to input HUD or Logo Projectors because none are currently available, but all other requested options were accepted.