E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

FINALLY FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE APP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 01:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
'09 Mercedes GL450, '72 280SE 4.5, E400 on order
FINALLY FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE APP!

As some of you might be aware, there was a generalized drop of app function last night.
I can confirm that as of the outage last night and the subsequent restart of the service the AC/heating and seat heating will start at the last setting with the remote APP start of vehicle! Finally the remote start has full functionality on 2018 E400 coupe! I didn't need to update the app nor was the car at the dealer recently. This function did not work on my car yesterday.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:07 PM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
2019 E450 4MATIC Coupe
Originally Posted by menchaman
As some of you might be aware, there was a generalized drop of app function last night.
I can confirm that as of the outage last night and the subsequent restart of the service the AC/heating and seat heating will start at the last setting with the remote APP start of vehicle! Finally the remote start has full functionality on 2018 E400 coupe! I didn't need to update the app nor was the car at the dealer recently. This function did not work on my car yesterday.
Cool
So you mean if I shut down the car with the seat heating ON, it will start with the app with seat heating ON?
I thought seat has a driver sensor and will not be heated if no driver is seating on it, especially in E class

Anyway if no driver needed to heat the seat, it is still the worst way of preheating
I have to remember to turn the seat heating button on before leaving the car and setting up the correct temp....sounds like sh.....
Why they can't just put it in the app?

Last edited by FedM; 02-09-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:06 PM

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E53 Coupe
It doesn’t seem to do this in the E53. I left the seat heat on when I shut the car off. I then restarted while standing outside the car. The heated seat did not come on. When I got back into the car and started with the key, the heated seat was on again. I agree that we should be able to adjust climate (temperature, seat heating/ventilation and heated steering wheel) when the car is remote started.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
'09 Mercedes GL450, '72 280SE 4.5, E400 on order
Originally Posted by FedM
Cool
So you mean if I shut down the car with the seat heating ON, it will start with the app with seat heating ON?
I thought seat has a driver sensor and will not be heated if no driver is seating on it, especially in E class

Anyway if no driver needed to heat the seat, it is still the worst way of preheating
I have to remember to turn the seat heating button on before leaving the car and setting up the correct temp....sounds like sh.....
Why they can't just put it in the app?
Yesterday i was able to remote start the car twice and the seat heating started both times. This was done in quick testing succession after getting home. This morning I tried again but was unable to reproduce those results involving the heated seats. The Comand and AC/heating does start. I don't know if it was an anomaly related to had just turned the vehicle off (?). I'll keep on trying and see if there is a method to this madness. MB could have sent us an email with some clarification.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:59 PM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
2019 E450 4MATIC Coupe
Today I left the seat heating ON , shut the car and locked it. Then started it with the app. The seat heating doesn’t turn on. It turns on only when I unlock the car with the keyless access, then it shuts down, and after I start it manually the seat heating turns on