E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Considering a E300 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 05:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
paulgeoghegan
Hi Mokster
Completely understand regarding the distance to Grimsby from your location.
For me it was a relatively easy train journey and the discount offered was something like 7/8% more than Mercedes Brooklands, which is my local dealer (Mercedes owned, not a franchise).
For that reason, it was a no brainer.
I asked the sales guy who picked me up from the station how they did it, and he explained that it was purely a volume driven operation. It's not even a particularly bid dealership, but they have huge volume.
None of that is surprising of course, but it does surprise me that Mercedes UK allows it. Glad they do though!
I also understand regarding the wheels, but for an extra £595 on top of the standard wheels, I thought that was as near a bargain as I would ever get from Mercedes!
Enjoy your car, I am sure you will love it.
Paul
Old 03-20-2019, 07:08 AM

Received 74 Likes on 69 Posts
MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
I too had great offers from Zeinab but she was beaten by another dealer in the end.

I had radio silence for over a month and then finally somebody else from the dealership got in touch to tell me that the ETA on my car would be early December, although it did arrive early and I got it at the end of November.

It's typical really. Once they get that deposit, they have no interest and they're on to the next customers.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
paulgeoghegan
Hi
Thats interesting. Zenaib always offered the best discount by some margin over a period of months while I was looking and specifying different levels of extras and different models of Merc.
I suppose the discount varies depending on how badly they want your business.
To be fair I didn’t feel ignored at any time.
Once I have decided to press the button on my car another person from her team contacted me for the deposit payment and to sign off on the final spec.
I was told that there would be period when nothing much appeared to be happening, which is when the car is being scheduled into the production run.
My car was delivered at the very end of May 2018, exactly 5 months after I placed the order.
Zeinab had been in contact with updates a few times during that time, so I wouldn’t say I felt ignored.
Carwow certainly seems to work well and I was happy with Merdedes Grimsby.

Originally Posted by stephos
I too had great offers from Zeinab but she was beaten by another dealer in the end.

I had radio silence for over a month and then finally somebody else from the dealership got in touch to tell me that the ETA on my car would be early December, although it did arrive early and I got it at the end of November.

It's typical really. Once they get that deposit, they have no interest and they're on to the next customers.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes SLK250 & Jaguar F-Type
Hi guys, thank you very much for sharing your experience! This is the first time I am buying through carwow although have previously got quotes from it.

I've finally heard back from MB of Sheffield and was told the order has been put through with the expect date of arriving in UK in early May. I am now just waiting for the price to the updated in the order, which had the full listed price on previously.

With carwow, I've had a 12.9% quote (best out of all the quotes) from one of other dealer but when I phoned them, they couldn't honour the quote because our specification require "factory custom build". Have you come across this? I found this very strange as I've put our specification into the carwow website for the dealers to come back with a quote.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:37 AM

MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
Carwow is excellent. We've just ordered our third car through it and can't recommend it highly enough.

Incidentally the latest order is another merc and I got the best offer from Mercedes of Slough.

Order placed 3 weeks ago. Service was excellent up till that point. Haven't heard anything since. Whereas, when I ordered my E-class I would get an update every couple of weeks, starting with a production date.

I'm sure everything is OK and on track but I will be reaching out if I don't get an update by the end of this month.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:42 AM

MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
Originally Posted by mokster
Hi guys, thank you very much for sharing your experience! This is the first time I am buying through carwow although have previously got quotes from it.

I've finally heard back from MB of Sheffield and was told the order has been put through with the expect date of arriving in UK in early May. I am now just waiting for the price to the updated in the order, which had the full listed price on previously.

With carwow, I've had a 12.9% quote (best out of all the quotes) from one of other dealer but when I phoned them, they couldn't honour the quote because our specification require "factory custom build". Have you come across this? I found this very strange as I've put our specification into the carwow website for the dealers to come back with a quote.
Audi gave me that BS when I enquired about an RS5 last year. I thought it was ridiculous and obviously took my business elsewhere.

What I thought was weird this time, was that Brexit was a factor. I was told that taxes may cause the price to go up quite a bit by delivery time, despite us having an agreement in place. Again this was unacceptable to me so I had the dealer give me in writing an assurance that if this was to happen, that I could cancel the order and get my deposit back. Of course, Brexit will almost not be happening before then so it's no longer much of a concern.