E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Goofy software issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 E450 4matic
Unhappy Goofy software issues

Hi all, haven't posted here in a while and apologies if this topic has been covered (please feel free to link to it if it has), I couldn't find it.

So I've had my 2021 E450 since March, read the owners manual, looked at tutorials, YouTube videos and have come to the conclusion that it seems to me at least every new version of E classes lately seem to go backwards despite all their technical innovations.

I ordered this car, waited 6 months (!) for it and overall, I absolutely love it - how it drives, rides the coolness and comfort of it, but the software in it seems to be really dumb (it could be me, but I did try). Why? Some examples:
  • The presets don't really seem to function or at least make it simple to operate
    • In Sirius, I set my favorites as well as with FM - they are there. Marked and recorded.
    • They appear in the preset order across my main screen.
    • I scroll through stations and it doesn't go between presets, it goes numerically.
    • So I go to "categories" and select "My Favorites" and then scroll - this works 40% of the time
    • 60% of the time it scrolls through the stations numerically regardless of bein in "My Favorites" mode.
  • Once again, despite being given an iPod cable adapter to connect my iPod via USB, the iPod is "not recognized" when hard connected.
    • I say "again" because my 2018 E400 did the same thing for the first 2 years of ownership and then one day miraculously worked.
    • I tried multiple cables to no avail.
    • iPod DOES connect via bluetooth but then your phone is knocked off and you constantly have to remember to plug the iPod in to charge the battery.
  • Even when connected via bluetooth, you have to go through 3-4 steps to start playing music - it is FAR from simple and user friendly
  • The automatic seat adjustment works about 50% of the time.
    • My previous E400 always worked- when you go in the car, the seat was fully extended then would go to your settings when you closed the door.
    • This car, even when it does work (50% of the time, I have to press, and hold, the #1 setting) it isn't until you start the car that it activates AND it isn't extended, its closer and tighter to get in.

Car also had an issue barely a month and half after delivery - defective starter battery- car had to be towed.

Despite all of this, still love the car. Beautiful color, but it seems like either we take 4 steps forward in tech only to go back 5 in UX, or I got a COVID car that was put together in peak pandemic and therefore doesn't work properly. Could also be user error, but like I said, been reading the owners manuals, and checking online.

Anyone else encounter this nonsense?

2021 E450 coupe