E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

2019 E350 Cabriolet Review/Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2021 | 06:38 PM

2019 E350
2019 E350 Cabriolet Review/Issues

Hi all,

I’m a long time follower but a first time poster.

I simply wanted to share some thoughts on my E350 (petrol, mild hybrid) AMG Line Premium Plus cabriolet. I’m in the UK, have had the car since September 2019 and have covered just over 18,000 miles.

The car looks fantastic, I have the Night Package and 20 inch multi spoke wheels.

The engine returns great fuel economy for the power and weight, long term average is 28mpg and on a run it’ll easily do 35 and is capable of 40-41mpg.

The engine is nicely refined. I do find the power train a bit “lumpy” often and the gearbox isn’t as good as I would have hoped. It’s hard to describe but it seems just a bit jerky quite often at low to middle speeds.

The ride is soft but it does thud into potholes, that’s to be expected with a 30 profile tyre though on steel springs. Rolling refinement is good roof up and down and is definitely quieter than my previous Range Rover Velar.

The interior is beautiful, infotainment works great and the ambient lighting is wonderful. However, this is by far the creakiest and most rattle prone car I’ve ever known! It creaks from the roof, back and front, the windows, the drivers door and passenger door. I’m shocked and disappointed by this. It’s been looked at by the retailer but they never are able to fix it. I know by their nature cabriolets are not as stiff but I expected better. It drives me insane. Thankfully the Burmester sound system can drown it out but I don’t always want music at high volume!
Multibeam headlights are very bright but they dazzle everyone almost on oncoming and I’ve been pulled over by the police because they dazzled them. Not impressed.

I’ve just had my B1 service, tyres are half worn at 18k which is fine with no other issues reported.

My biggest issue now though is the roof. The roof became misaligned so wouldn’t open because the deck lid wouldn’t close. Mercedes fixed it but in the process damaged the liner. It’s having a new roof liner which I’m fine with but they also showed my the cables in the mechanism are badly fraid and some have snapped! I can’t believe this after being just 2 years old. I’ll attach some photos.

To summarise it’s always been a dream car. My reality though not a nightmare, is not quite as dreamy as I thought.

Interested to hear other peoples reports and if any one has had their roof nearly fail.

The following users liked this post:
TennesseeZ4 (10-21-2021)