E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

E53 A238 Interior carbon trim parts [new to forum]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS400d, E53 AMG Cabriolet
E53 A238 Interior carbon trim parts [new to forum]

Dear all,

Please forgive me to be rude for asking part numbers for my first post here. However, I am totally clueless as where else I can ask about this in Australia, as you know, retrofitting things for Merc isn't widely available here in the kangaroo land.
Recently I have been wanting to retrofit the carbon fibre interior trims to my E53 cabriolet - reason being I'm getting older, and I just prefer shinning things than anything matt (the original wood). I've search for a month already, however as I don't understand cars alot and have never done this before, I have exhausted my ways of getting information regarding the part numbers. Mercedes in Australia does not give you part numbers unless you have a VIN number with the same parts you want.

My car is a 2019/20 E53, Right Hand Drive (Steering wheel on the right hand side). I have the ambient lights and premium sound system. I have the older joystick style touch bar (instead of a new style flat touchpad). I also have analogue clock on my centre console. So far I have gathered the following parts for interior trims.

1. Left door carbon trim: A2387204607
2. Right door carbon trim: A2387204507
3. Centre console + ash tray cover: I've used mercteil, they have a combo order E63 amg carbon interior trim for W213, that has an AMG wordings on the ash tray cover (from my understanding, A238 shares this part with W213?)
4. Top dashboard left side (long) cover: A2906808801 (from my understanding, this is a shared part with CLS53, Amg 4 door GT43, 53, 63?)

Now it's the last item, I cannot seem to find it wheresoever. The dashboard right side cover (the short one). It should have a opening for those bottoms for lane keeping assist etc. May I kindly ask for help for this part number?

One more question, for the centre console, may I know the parts number for gloss black, with amg lettering on Ash tray cover?

I would like to thanks anyone that can spare their precious time to help me. Thanks everyone.

My kindest regards
Old 05-03-2023, 07:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet (MY18 A238)
Originally Posted by chr15@me.com
Dear all,

Please forgive me to be rude for asking part numbers for my first post here. However, I am totally clueless as where else I can ask about this in Australia, as you know, retrofitting things for Merc isn't widely available here in the kangaroo land.
Recently I have been wanting to retrofit the carbon fibre interior trims to my E53 cabriolet - reason being I'm getting older, and I just prefer shinning things than anything matt (the original wood). I've search for a month already, however as I don't understand cars alot and have never done this before, I have exhausted my ways of getting information regarding the part numbers. Mercedes in Australia does not give you part numbers unless you have a VIN number with the same parts you want.

My car is a 2019/20 E53, Right Hand Drive (Steering wheel on the right hand side). I have the ambient lights and premium sound system. I have the older joystick style touch bar (instead of a new style flat touchpad). I also have analogue clock on my centre console. So far I have gathered the following parts for interior trims.

1. Left door carbon trim: A2387204607
2. Right door carbon trim: A2387204507
3. Centre console + ash tray cover: I've used mercteil, they have a combo order E63 amg carbon interior trim for W213, that has an AMG wordings on the ash tray cover (from my understanding, A238 shares this part with W213?)
4. Top dashboard left side (long) cover: A2906808801 (from my understanding, this is a shared part with CLS53, Amg 4 door GT43, 53, 63?)

Now it's the last item, I cannot seem to find it wheresoever. The dashboard right side cover (the short one). It should have a opening for those bottoms for lane keeping assist etc. May I kindly ask for help for this part number?

One more question, for the centre console, may I know the parts number for gloss black, with amg lettering on Ash tray cover?

I would like to thanks anyone that can spare their precious time to help me. Thanks everyone.

My kindest regards
Hi, whereabouts are you located? I’m in Sydney- not sure on how much these parts would cost brand new from MBAU (imagine it would be crazy expensive) or whether you will find these parts at wreckers.

An alternative could be dipping. There is a place in Western Sydney that can remove your existing trim pieces, dip them in a gloss carbon finish, then refit them to the car.

Might be way cheaper than the dealer if you’re unable to source the parts second hand.

They’re on Instagram here: @justdipit_sydney
https://instagram.com/justdipit_sydney

I only know of them because one of the club members (I’m a member of the MB Club of NSW) has used them on his car (an S205 C63S wagon), but haven’t used them personally. You can see his car on their page too (@mr.c63s).

Here is an example of some of their work on an Eclass interior where they’ve dipped the wood trims to make them carbon (looks factory)
View this post on Instagram

Cheers!
Old 05-03-2023, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS400d, E53 AMG Cabriolet
Originally Posted by joshuapace
Hi, whereabouts are you located? I’m in Sydney- not sure on how much these parts would cost brand new from MBAU (imagine it would be crazy expensive) or whether you will find these parts at wreckers.

An alternative could be dipping. There is a place in Western Sydney that can remove your existing trim pieces, dip them in a gloss carbon finish, then refit them to the car.

Might be way cheaper than the dealer if you’re unable to source the parts second hand.

They’re on Instagram here: @justdipit_sydney
https://instagram.com/justdipit_sydney

I only know of them because one of the club members (I’m a member of the MB Club of NSW) has used them on his car (an S205 C63S wagon), but haven’t used them personally. You can see his car on their page too (@mr.c63s).

Here is an example of some of their work on an Eclass interior where they’ve dipped the wood trims to make them carbon (looks factory)
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoeF2...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Cheers!
Hi there! Thanks so much for your reply. I’m in Sydney too - that’s convenient. And god, this is exactly what I’m look for right now. I’ve tried to order a new set from mercteil and it’s quoted about $6000 aud, not worth it, I’m sure ordering it from Merc will be 10k+.

I’ll give them a call! Amazing!! Thanks so much!