E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Integrated Dash Cam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 11:22 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 E 350; 2022 E450 Coupe; 2005 Porsche Cayenne; 1975 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0
Integrated Dash Cam

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliation or financial connection to the product discussed below.

Two months ago my wife was hit in the rear drivers wheel well of her car. I was with her so I know she was not at fault. The other driver claimed we turned into him.

Fortunately my insurance company sided with us so no “dings” on her driving record.

I realized I need to equip my cars with dash cams. Mercedes does make a dash cam but they are not retrofittable for my 2022 E450 or 2020 E350.

I did, however, find a product which is extremely well priced, EASY to install, easy to use, and has great video.

FitCamX makes cameras that are integrated into the rain sensor cover and looks factory. The installation of the forward facing camera took 5 minutes (no exaggeration) to install. The camera taps into the rain sensor power so no running of wires is needed. Note: If you buy the kit with the rear facing camera you will obviously need to run the camera wire the length of the car.

I am so impressed with this product, I am going to start equipping all my cars with one. They make custom rain sensor covers with the dash cam for a variety of vehicles.

If we had the forward facing camera when the guy hit us, it would have proved we were in our lane and NOT turning like the other driver claimed. Of course with both front and rear cameras we would have had video proof he hit us.

They make different styles of covers for the W238 model line. This is for a 2022 E450 coupe

Clear photo

Looks factory

This is my friend Craig.
The following users liked this post:
DaThresh (06-03-2024)