E-Class (W123) 1976-1986: 240D, 280E, 300D, 300TD, 300CD

240 D question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240 D
240 D question

I am going to put up my 83 Mercedes in a few days if my friend does not buy it. I purchased the car from my friend last year with intentions of selling it. That never went as planned. OK on to the specs... 1983 the odometer reads 106,xxx but moves very slow so its around there. the only rust are on the two rocker panels with a rust spot the size of a half dollar. I have checked under the rear carpet where the common rust spots are from the rain drain leaking. The trunk under the spare is rust free as well. Starts up and runs great. Has relatively new radiator installed by the PO. All windows and door locks work. Radio, headlights, heat, a/c all work. The only problem is the ignition/door lock vacuum valve has gone bad and will not shut off the car with the key sometimes. You need to pull the key out get out and put into the door lock and lock the car and that shuts off the car. Other than that the car has been sitting and could use a good compound/wax. And it has the most comfortable seats I have sat in I love them!

Oh I thinking 2K$ and I will let her go I think that is about right I have looked to see what they are going for and could not find much info.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Car looks very clean