E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

New Suspension Installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 c320 - 2002 ml55 - 2011 c300 - 2014 slk350 - 2015 cla45
Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
Anyhow, Charles...that's still a pretty good deal. How come you're getting it installed at the dealership though. Are there not any good local shops near you that are experienced enough to work on your suspension? LOL...take advantage of that ML when you get it if you know what I mean.
well remember i had that small leak around my radiator..... well the car just went over 80K miles and i also just recently started seeing some oil on my garage floor.... so am going ahead and having the dealer fix everything... they are replacing all the head gaskets..... the radiator and the suspension... all in all they are charging me 1200 for parts and labor for the head gasket replacement.... 200ish for the radiator replacement... and 500ish for the front/rear shock/strut replacement. the radiator and the shock cost me 600 for mercedesshop.

I havent found an independent mb shop out here that i trust..... the way i see it is that i might save 100 or 200 bucks going to an independent dealer....
but by me taking it to an authorized dealer i know that they know whats going on with the car.... plus like i said before... i get to drive one of their cars during the repairs.... i dropped my car off monday and will probably have their car until monday or tuesday... i dont really need the loaner... but hey.... its nice driving someone elses car every once and awhile... 2005 special edition ML....

-carino
Old 03-18-2005, 04:15 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
wow I got a lot of replies...lol.

Originally Posted by CaliE320
Chris,

Don't worry too much about it. Sander will hook up the spring pads for you when you get your 18's. You won't have to come extra out the pockets...

Was there a reason that you didn't want spring pads?

~Cali
Definately what you said about Sander. It's only a matter of months until I get the wheels. The reason why I didn't get the spring pads is because Sander's didn't recommend the spring pads when I asked about them, he said only to worry about it when it comes to getting my wheels. Afterall, the ride isn't all to low like you guys think. It's nice and perfect.

Ebennz...generally speaking if TWS/Sander were to charge me to add me the spring pads. I don't think it would cost more to install than the suspension. afterall...labor was only 125 to install the full suspension. As I was saying in Cali's reply, I trust Sander and his experience with Mercedes. Afterall, I don't think anyone would recommend him and get their cars done at his shop if he gave out false information that would only ruin your car in the long run.

jrmd01...seems like you have all your research done. I would of been as cautious as you are but I'll take all that measurements when I get my wheels. I always thought the only camber problems would be the rear and not the front? Anyways, Hopefully I can run the 18 x 8 set up on my car as most people on the forums are and are not having any problems what so ever. I'm looking into some AMG wheels and perhaps Brabus if I can get them for cheap. I find of want to keep the mercedes look with the AMG's & Brabus. It I was real bling bling I would get HRE's....but I can only wish. lol I agree, the wheels would finish the look on the car's exterior, but I do have plans to paint the lower panels to match the car and if I can find the AMG GenII kit then that also may be put in the works.

Carino...that sounds really good that you're also replacing the Radiator and head gasket's as well. Let me know how that goes since I am looking into replacing mine as well or a full engine rebuild. So all in all you spent about 2600 to fix your car. Seems pretty good when I compared it to my friend who paid 2300 to rebuild his engine, but that is a different category. lol Don't forget to show us picture of the car when you get it back next week.