E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Headlight wipers not working...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 300E
Headlight wipers not working...

The headlight wipers and washers on my '90 300E are not working at all. I bought the car three weeks ago and just noticed this. To make things worse, I wiggled the driver's side headlight wiper and it has now come free of whatever it was attached to inside the car and is resting/drooping on the top of the bumper. Any ideas on how to fix this stuff??? -- Mikey
Old 06-19-2002, 02:52 PM

Mercedes-Benz 300D TURBO 1987
Headlight wipers not working

I'm sure you know that the headlight wipers only work when you have the widshield washing function working. You would have to be outside your car looking at the healights to see them work. The wiper arm attaches to the wiper motor shaft by sliding onto a grooved, threaded end where a nutscrews onto it. You might try taking the wiper off, lubricating the end of the shaft, and pushing it back on. P.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:28 PM

Oh yeah! HEADLAMP WASHERS!!!

The headlight wipers will only work if YOUR HEAD lights or FOG lamps are on, not just the parking and when you spray the headlamp cleaner.

Their is a $65 motor on each wiper. It connects to a metal rod that extends out of the headlight assembly to the wiper. If it doesn't work, forget about it and remove the wipers or just have your mechanic fix it. I tried to do it. I did do it and got it working, but it was not worth the time. But, if you want to have some fun, try it out!