E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Official Club One2Four

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
um HOW ABOUT A CALENDAR.

it takes way tooooo much dam time to read thru all the menutia on these threads to find out when and where people are gonna meet and soo forth. this one got hijacked and i wasted 4 min reading it.

time is limited here on this end of the pc. need dates, info and the like. whoever bought the domain please just build a quick website with basic info like
calendar
how to join
where people are from
who is running the joint
minimum requirements

so far this seems a bit chatty with more focus on t-shirts and logos. 1 i aint buying a t-shirt and 2 a logo means diddle to me. i like the 1st one by prof.

this is about getting together and sharing ideas. i am 38 years old and enough time has passed by. reading 4 page threads to nowhere does me 0 good.

sorry if i sound snappy but i just read this WHOLE thread and it had 2 bits of GOOD QUALITY club info.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88 260 E
Just hang in there Eric, we're working on the web-site. A calendar is a good idea, I think we'll make a spot for it. Like I said once we decide on meeting date & place we can all brainstorm and get things together....

~Cali
Old 05-10-2005, 01:21 PM

ok, i took the liberty of creating the forum and used Ashman's logo.

please let me know what categories you want in there. a member already registered the one2four.com domain name. maybe we can get it redirected?

for now, i'm using the w201.us (i own the domain). please check it and let me know what needs to be changed/modified/replaced.

goto : www.w201.us

i really would like to get this club going. i hope you guys won't mind me jumping and creating a forum.

thanks!
ram
aim : junkiemonky
yahoo : ram190e

Last edited by rammbs; 05-10-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
Pretty nice but you should change the background color to white so it could match the logo.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:11 PM

1995 E320
Sorry for the delay, just didn't think rushing a forum up on the domain was a good idea since we already have this on everyone visits. Been working on getting the important things configured for it first. Trying to see if we can use a nice CMS program or have everything seperate.

As for the calander, YES i will put one up on the clubs website for meets and events.

Please be patient with me guys, it's not easy have to do this and work and a family. I will have something hopefully up by monday in the beta stage.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by e32o
Sorry for the delay, just didn't think rushing a forum up on the domain was a good idea since we already have this on everyone visits. Been working on getting the important things configured for it first. Trying to see if we can use a nice CMS program or have everything seperate.

As for the calander, YES i will put one up on the clubs website for meets and events.

Please be patient with me guys, it's not easy have to do this and work and a family. I will have something hopefully up by monday in the beta stage.
that is why i offered to do it. it would take me an hour tops to get it all setup. i would just use mysql and phpbb add the attachment mod so people didnt have to host their own pics and whalah all done.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
Pretty nice but you should change the background color to white so it could match the logo.
I reverted the colors and it looks awesome. please check it out.

www.w201.us
note: this is the only domain i can freely use that i own.

btw, the forum has a calendar we can use

Last edited by rammbs; 05-10-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 PM

1995 E320
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
that is why i offered to do it. it would take me an hour tops to get it all setup. i would just use mysql and phpbb add the attachment mod so people didnt have to host their own pics and whalah all done.
Ya i could do it also within a hour, but then to get a website that looks like it was done it 10 mins. I just thought we all would like a more usable website for the club then just a site with a forum on it.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:04 PM

I agree. And why settle for just one if you can have the best of both? A website and a forum.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
well the forum could be up and running quickly. then we could post and lock items of interest instead of having important items spammed.

graphics and nice design can follow function. to me its more important to have info infront of me then to see a pretty website that took weeks to make.

a quick forum can allow us to be emailed in groups as well. you can also add a quick calendar. i am interested in meeting b4 my car goes into the shop for paint for 5-6 weeks. if it takes 3 weeks to make a pretty site just to say hey lets meet here at such and such a time i think that maybe we are focusing on beauty more then function.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:08 AM

isn't there a move to have a meeting this saturday/sunday?

why not go/push thru with it? if we're gonna wait until everybody's schedule clears up. that will be a while.

i suggest we go and meet just to keep it moving/started. then other members can attend the second one.

i believe CaliE320 offered his pad?
Old 05-11-2005, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
well is mx weekend for me. so if someone wants me to hang out i need a firm committment NOW. i plan on riding the mx bike for most of the weekend but i can fit time in for a brief get together. btw the lbc is a little far for this semi-desert deweller.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:17 AM

1995 E320
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
well the forum could be up and running quickly. then we could post and lock items of interest instead of having important items spammed.

graphics and nice design can follow function. to me its more important to have info infront of me then to see a pretty website that took weeks to make.

a quick forum can allow us to be emailed in groups as well. you can also add a quick calendar. i am interested in meeting b4 my car goes into the shop for paint for 5-6 weeks. if it takes 3 weeks to make a pretty site just to say hey lets meet here at such and such a time i think that maybe we are focusing on beauty more then function.
Well dont you focus on beauty when you mod up your car, i mean that's what it's all about, right. I like to do things the way they should be done from the begaining , not half assed. Same goes for my car, i dont cut corners on doing things on it and most likely you dont either. I never said it was going to take weeks for a forum and calander but getting a website (any website) to where people like it takes time.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:40 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Yup indeed, Ben did offer his house.

Off topic, I just pulled out the resister in my car. Does anyone know if you HAVE to run octane booster when its removed or is it fine without it. I heard that it is but I would like to make sure before. thanks!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:07 AM
X03

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB 1990 300E
yeah i was wondering the same thing, and i forgot who, but they told me that you do have to put the octane booster in every single time. blah. so i put mine back in, too much of a hassle for not THAT much more improvement.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:19 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Yeah, that's while i'm debating if I should put it back in or not. However, I haven't put any octane booster. So I'm hoping someone can clear up my confusion.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:02 AM

ok, Ben. your place? this coming saturday? what time? i'm good the whole morning.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:44 AM

88 260 E
Yeah I did offer my pad, but nobody seemed interested so I made other family commitments this Sat. I know everybody is getting a lil irritated at
the progress of this but please bear with us. Keep in mind as a club we need to stick together and support each other. I know not everybody can make the meets due to conflicting schedules or locale, but One2Four is not going anywhere, if you can't make it to one meeting you can try the next. We just have to set a day & time and whoever can make it, then let's go for it. If we keep on trying to cater to everybody's schedule or location this is never going to happen. Since everybody is confused about dates & locations of the meet, this is what we're going to do. We need some organization ! The official One2Four meet will be NEXT SAT!!! 05/21 in El Monte at the big park off the 10.
That is a central location for everybody.Let's say 2ish. If you guys can make it great those of you that can't we'll see you at the next one. Let's keep this final.Let's avoid the 5 pages of usless threads.....We'll post the official time/location & map for everybody later today.

E320 & Ram we all appreciate your help on this. I know with your combined talents the website is going to turn out great.

~Cali
Old 05-11-2005, 11:54 AM

i added it to the forum calendar.

btw, can we make it like 3pm? have to pick up my son around 2pm.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
count me out this is just too much headache for something SO EASY. i have arranged vacations for 20 people that are easier then this. let me know in 12 months when its all buttoned up then maybe i can make it.

btw this thread is hijacked again. they have medicine now for those that have AADD. chris the topic is "official 124 club" not hey i yanked my register what kinda gas do i need.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:51 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
crap...my friend has a drifting competition that day. I'll try to make it regardless maybe. Any of you guys busy on Sunday?

Eric, wow...you seem to be the only one who's getting a headache from all of this. You need to relax, you act as if your life depends on One2Four and you really need to attend a meet, but then again...I'll and others will let you know in a year. either way... See you then!

by the way...I know the topic is "Official One2Four Club"...you know how? I started this topic.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:57 PM

i am free on sunday.

so let's try to meet up. X03, Chris, Ben, me, E320(?).

i am open sat mornings 12am-12pm, & 2:30pm onwards.

i am free sundays,
Old 05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
I'm ALWAYS free on Sundays. So any meets arranged on a sunday, I will be able to attend. Same goes for you as it seems there are prior arrangements for you on saturdays. I'd go next saturday, but I promised my friend I would take more pictures and video of him at his drifting competition.

Rammbs, are we talking about this coming sunday or the next? Both would be good. Perhaps next sun we can hit up Ben's place.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
I came up with the idea of meeting at the big park but is not off the 10 freeway it's on the 60 freeway and THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT ON SUNDAY after all the post i made telling you guys to make it on sunday. Anyways the park is called whittier narrows and is on the 60 freeway the exit is rosemead i think? in EL Monte.

Last edited by YNVDIZW124; 05-11-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:24 AM

1994 MB E320
Hey guys, I was just bored and made another one2four logo. I don't know if I like it more with the black or white background:

or

I'm leaning towards the black background. What do you all think?

P.S. Ashman, how's the font?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official Club One2Four