E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Central Locking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300CE24 FPV Typhoon F6 2008 E63 Ford ESP Phase 5
Central Locking

Hi Guys
I have a problem with my central locking. It works with the boot and passenger door, but not with drivers door and alarm fob.

Any ideas??

Keith
Old 11-14-2005, 03:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1992 300CE AMG Hammer Replica, 2004 C240, 2015 ML350
the drivers side wiring is usually what gets used when putting in an aftermarket keyless entry or alarm system.

I would check the wiring starting fromt he pump back. It is probablya blue wire, maybe green. there should be two relays connected.

The same thing happened to me once when I was installing a keyless system in my car. the locks would work from the trunk and one door but not the other, it had justs topped working one day.

I traced the wiring, and found bad connections that I repaired. THe car had an aftermarket alarm system when I bought it, and those wires are what I tapped into when I was installing a new one, turns out simply replacing the cable run that the previous owner had used, fixed it.

You would need to get under the passenger side rear seat to get at the lock pump, and under the passenger side floor carpeting to continue tracing the wires from the lock pump, and the passenger foot rest piece, there you will find the factory alarm module (if still present, and the wiring most likely for the aftermarket system, unless they put it somewhere else.