E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

STOP! brake time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G - 55 AMG, E 320 Coupe Sportline, C 230 kompressor
STOP! brake time

Hi guys, my baby needs some new brake pads and discs and i was hoping to modify it a little bit. I was thinking on installing drilled brake discs but without modifying the calipers, do you know if the discs from the new C-class fit? or any other model? If they do, do i need other kind of brake pads or just the regulars??? Hope i can get a little bit of help with this, by the way, the car is an 300 E coupe sportline from 94. I would only modify the front discs 'cause you know the rear are solids and i'll just leave them like that. Take care guys, and i would really be thankfull for any usefull tips.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
86 W124
Go with some new brake hoses, new rotors made by belo and some ceramic pads and you'll be more than happy with the breaks. To be able to brake faster, you need a stiffer suspension and wider tires. Installing bigger calipers will not help if you are still running stock tires and suspension.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:32 AM

G - 55 AMG, E 320 Coupe Sportline, C 230 kompressor
PToro thanks for the tips but i live un south america where some "accesories" are not so easy to find thats why i just wanted to change the discs. My ride already gots 17" x 8.5 amg wheels and besides the sportline suspension i've also installed some Koni shocks so its kinda stiff. I'll try to get as much as i can but down here is not that easy, thanks anyway mate.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
STOP! HAMMER TIME..lol...sorry i had to say it....you can have a machine shop modify the bakes but make sure they counter sink the holes so there's no sharp edges..maybe you can get some porsche 944 calipers and rotors
Old 09-02-2006, 03:57 AM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
Originally Posted by jean_pierre84
PToro thanks for the tips but i live un south america where some "accesories" are not so easy to find thats why i just wanted to change the discs. My ride already gots 17" x 8.5 amg wheels and besides the sportline suspension i've also installed some Koni shocks so its kinda stiff. I'll try to get as much as i can but down here is not that easy, thanks anyway mate.
you in Lima? I've got family all over peru so don't worry about finding the stuff, it can all be sent over...