E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

My AMG Chrome Monoblocks are FOR SALE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 05:06 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
Hound, I only have one person interested but he's not even sure yet.

If you are REALLY interested - I'm not in a rush to sell these but it would be nice to have extra cash. They might still be available. Just shoot me a offer and I'll even reserve them for you... If the price is right. LOL

Let me know!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:52 PM

1996 C36 AMG, 2013 Dodge Dart Turbo 6spd
will do, I will let you know by wednesday. How does that sound?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by Hound
Hey Hound,

how is that TL treating you? how long have you had it??

sorry
Old 10-09-2006, 04:23 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
That sounds perfect.

Keep me updated!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM

will do thanks man.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by shadowgriffen
Hey Hound,

how is that TL treating you? how long have you had it??

sorry
Honestly the car is nice had it for a year now, but, the car shows signs of being abused by the previous owner (sales manager at the dealership here) Had to put on new rubber right off the bat when spring rolled around (car came with winters on cause I got it in November of last year) after 100km's of driving the car and slowly getting used to it (I baby all my cars) the clutch went, the dealership wanted to charge me $1400 for a new clutch, but i refused, stating that I had not driven the car hard at all, which i hadn't, and that I had been driving manual cars for 5-6 years now and NEVER had a clutch even come close to going on me. After that it seemed to be ok, but then, to my dismay, the front brakes went, now i do do a lot of HWY driving but i try not to be hard on the brakes, downshifting sometimes to slow down at speed rather then getting on the brakes, but again, have never had to have brakes replaced, let alone after 10-20,000km's but, as they wern't covered under warrenty (how conveniant ) i had to bite the bullet and being Brembo's on the front that was a hard bullet to bite.... Then around 1500km's after that, the rear's went, I could tell that the caliper actually seized onto the rotor as there was a constant grinding noise present, took it in and they said that it was "normal" and that the system was designed that way so as to notify you that you need new brakes (i highly doubt that but w/e not worth going there) all this time, the tranny was showing signs of misuse from a previous driver be it the owner or someone else. And just recently the 3rd gear syncro decided to die on me Luckly they fixed that under warrenty cause had they not, i would have left the car there and gone to court over it... The car underneath it all is a nice car, lots of power when you need it, comfortable seats, great stereo, love the navi but, all that has been dampened by the lack of customer service that i have recieved from the dealership and even a person from acura canada, i may get rid of it come spring and start fresh. But after this incident with this car, i will not be going back to Honda or Acura, not that the products are bad or anything (although I'm starting to have my doubts) but more out of spite to those who have treaded me poorly. sorry Chris at least it's a bump

Last edited by Hound; 10-10-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Honestly the car is nice had it for a year now, but, the car shows signs of being abused by the previous owner (sales manager at the dealership here) Had to put on new rubber right off the bat when spring rolled around (car came with winters on cause I got it in November of last year) after 100km's of driving the car and slowly getting used to it (I baby all my cars) the clutch went, the dealership wanted to charge me $1400 for a new clutch, but i refused, stating that I had not driven the car hard at all, which i hadn't, and that I had been driving manual cars for 5-6 years now and NEVER had a clutch even come close to going on me. After that it seemed to be ok, but then, to my dismay, the front brakes went, now i do do a lot of HWY driving but i try not to be hard on the brakes, downshifting sometimes to slow down at speed rather then getting on the brakes, but again, have never had to have brakes replaced, let alone after 10-20,000km's but, as they wern't covered under warrenty (how conveniant ) i had to bite the bullet and being Brembo's on the front that was a hard bullet to bite.... Then around 1500km's after that, the rear's went, I could tell that the caliper actually seized onto the rotor as there was a constant grinding noise present, took it in and they said that it was "normal" and that the system was designed that way so as to notify you that you need new brakes (i highly doubt that but w/e not worth going there) all this time, the tranny was showing signs of misuse from a previous driver be it the owner or someone else. And just recently the 3rd gear syncro decided to die on me Luckly they fixed that under warrenty cause had they not, i would have left the car there and gone to court over it... The car underneath it all is a nice car, lots of power when you need it, comfortable seats, great stereo, love the navi but, all that has been dampened by the lack of customer service that i have recieved from the dealership and even a person from acura canada, i may get rid of it come spring and start fresh. But after this incident with this car, i will not be going back to Honda or Acura, not that the products are bad or anything (although I'm starting to have my doubts) but more out of spite to those who have treaded me poorly. sorry Chris at least it's a bump
are you serious? Trade it in and get yourself a good ol' w211

I had no idea those things came with brembos! Pretty sweet actually...
Old 10-11-2006, 02:15 PM

yea, gonna be looking at a wagon actually, maybe a used E55 wagon always wanted one of those. The ultimate sleeper hehehe. Yea the brakes on the TL are nuts, they literaly take you out of your seat if you stomp on them, Other then the M6 and other more high end cars they are the best OEM brakes I've seen in a midlevel car.

And the car is a licence killer as well, as the rate that it picks up speed is evil
Old 10-11-2006, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
yea, gonna be looking at a wagon actually, maybe a used E55 wagon always wanted one of those. The ultimate sleeper hehehe. Yea the brakes on the TL are nuts, they literaly take you out of your seat if you stomp on them, Other then the M6 and other more high end cars they are the best OEM brakes I've seen in a midlevel car.

And the car is a licence killer as well, as the rate that it picks up speed is evil
yessir, Imma wagon fan myself!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"88 300CE- First Year Production
nice lookin ride chris, so I see your tryin to still my style now.