E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Quick question about tire size

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 S14
Quick question about tire size

I am looking at these Falken AZENIS RT-615 225/45R17 94W seen below. Are these good tires? Also what does the 94W stand for?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 VW cc, 2004 ML350
Good Lord, man! Are you going to make a new thread for every stupid question anyone in the world has ever had about cars??? A simple trip to that, or any other, tire's manufacturer website could easily provide you with this info. That number/letter combo after the size is the load rating/speed rating. As to whether or not that's a good tire, I don't know.

BTW, here is a link that will help you with tire markings. A simple web search produced it. You should try it sometime.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 S14
Originally Posted by PaulX608
Good Lord, man! Are you going to make a new thread for every stupid question anyone in the world has ever had about cars??? A simple trip to that, or any other, tire's manufacturer website could easily provide you with this info. That number/letter combo after the size is the load rating/speed rating. As to whether or not that's a good tire, I don't know.

BTW, here is a link that will help you with tire markings. A simple web search produced it. You should try it sometime.
Before I start my rant, I would like to thank you for the link.

I'll make you a deal bud, if you make me a question thread, I will gladly post in it. I refuse to make my own though. And these boards are not to call each other fgts 15 times over and over until one person finally starts believing they are gay, they are for asking car related questions. I don't recall starting a post that has not been about my car.

(BTW I wasn't saying you call people fgts, but just about everyone else does . I think the last time I jokingly called someone a fagt was either in middle school or last week after a bottle of Jack)