E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

3.0 liter AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300E
Originally Posted by Eliot
AMG actually used the MB Sportline coil springs in some of their cars.

I believe the Sportlines were available in Europe prior to their N. American appearance.
HMMMM, I guess I just have a crazy car then....
Old 03-24-2007, 06:30 AM

190E 2.0 '89
people its simple if AMG is fitted complete package or not from factory ITS AN AMG fullstop. Only because wen you ordered a 2005 Ford GT and asked for a different engine or interior it doesnt make it any less than a genuine Ford GT. And Sportline was not just used in AMG's also the Mercedes Cosworths were factory fitted with Sportline interior for example. It can only be considered a fake if the AMG options, you see there are so many different AMG styling kits etc for one model, if the AMG kit was retro fitted by somebody OTHER than Mercedes or AMG. AMG just like Koenig were 'Auto veredler' wich meant they took a stock vehicle and beefed it up either in looks or performance (eg cosworth with there 2.3 and 2.5 16 valve engines 190E mercedes cosworth). And in this instance the factory tag tells the story.
"772 AMG-OPTIK-PAKET - FRONTSPOILER, SEITENSCHWELLER UND HECKSCHÜRZE "
AMG Visual package Front spoiler, side skirts and rear skirt.... thats pretty clear to me right there that this is AMG factory fitted and as by that time AMG was part of Mercedes makes that pretty clearly genuine AMG right there
"779 AMG-FELGEN, INNENTEIL IN MB199 (BLAUSCHWARZ-METALLIC)
781 AMG-SPORTFAHRWERK MIT AMG-FELGEN (SONDERFORMAT) "
AMG rims with centre in MB199 (BlueBlack metallic)
and
AMG Sport suspension with AMG rims (special format)
again it tells the story people...FACTORY fitted AMG suspension and wheels
parshman the tag is all the proof you need.... Here in Australia and i believe in the States too car manufacturers went and refitted a base model with GT or GS gear and sold them as GT's or GS's and are excepted as such, for example Ford australia in the XC Falcon panelvan series had a panelvan nicknamed the Sundowner as their answer to Holden GMH Sandman panelvan. As the demand outstripped the numbers produced and Ford had standard XC Falcon 500 panelvans sitting around without buyers, they were retrofitted in the factory with all the Sundowner goodies and had one small tag added to the engine bay, sometimes with just a piece of wire and entered in the system as a genuine sundowner, and thats what they are......
Old 03-24-2007, 07:42 AM

300E
I appreciate the back up, I'm still trying to sell the vehicle . I know someone will like it.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dora the Explorer
Originally Posted by Parshman
Hey garfunkle let me know if I should add anything to my ebay post. Also if you have any thoughts about the car I'd like to hear them, you appear to know a lot

you're ok, garf - that just gets me rofling a little bit.

ok, i'm really rofling
Old 03-24-2007, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Rawful.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:19 PM

1995 S14
ha...ha...ha.... Matt over here may **** himself on my expense.