E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Need some body parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some body parts

My sister has a 1993 300E that was involved in a hit and run earlier today. She only has liability on it so can't go through insurance and I figured I'd post here and see if anyone has any parts for sale or could recommend some places to parts from. It needs a hood, passenger headlight and passenger corner light for sure and it might need a passenger fender and passenger side parking light as well. I'm located in central Illinois so if anyone local to me has anything that would be awesome. I posted in big83bronco's thread and I imagine he will get back to me when he has a chance, but if anyone else happens to have some parts let me know.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 PM

1992 300CE
Originally Posted by Alexi21
My sister has a 1993 300E that was involved in a hit and run earlier today. She only has liability on it so can't go through insurance and I figured I'd post here and see if anyone has any parts for sale or could recommend some places to parts from. It needs a hood, passenger headlight and passenger corner light for sure and it might need a passenger fender and passenger side parking light as well. I'm located in central Illinois so if anyone local to me has anything that would be awesome. I posted in big83bronco's thread and I imagine he will get back to me when he has a chance, but if anyone else happens to have some parts let me know.
i think this would be considered a total loss. the cost for repair would be more than just buying a new car. the fact that these cars are so old, makes it hard to find single parts for it.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1992 400E
check your local wrecking yard.
I'm hoping it's like what we've got here.
tons of W124s sit languishing.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:47 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Originally Posted by ronald7410
i think this would be considered a total loss. the cost for repair would be more than just buying a new car. the fact that these cars are so old, makes it hard to find single parts for it.
Someone needs to get their facts straight.

So, I didn't know the cost of repair which would equal $1,400 roughly in new parts would get you a new car.

I would know since a friend of mine got into the exact same accident a few months back.

It's not hard to find a single part for our cars. You just don't know where to look.

Anyways, to the original poster - Where are you located?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
Anyways, to the original poster - Where are you located?
I'm in Champaign, IL. I looked on Ebay and found some parts, but I'm not sure if I'm going to buy from there.