E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

PSP Windshield Mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BMW 328i
PSP Windshield Mount

Ordered a 1gig stick and a windshield mount and I now have a decent sized music library in my W124 oh, and movies, hehe. Inexpensive and easy to do. My headunit has a audio in RCA jack so I got a RCA to 3.5mm cable and routed it from the HU and it comes out around the glove compartment, for easy storage when not in use . Here are some pics. what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails PSP Windshield Mount-001.jpg   PSP Windshield Mount-002.jpg   PSP Windshield Mount-003.jpg  
Old 03-14-2007, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by JDW124
Ordered a 1gig stick and a windshield mount and I now have a decent sized music library in my W124 oh, and movies, hehe. Inexpensive and easy to do. My headunit has a audio in RCA jack so I got a RCA to 3.5mm cable and routed it from the HU and it comes out around the glove compartment, for easy storage when not in use . Here are some pics. what do you guys think?
Dude, isn't that illegal?

I dont know about your state, but here in MA it is illegal to have anything obstructing your view.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:51 AM

300E
I think thats illegal in all states...... Go SOX......too bad we can't say wicked Nomarrrrrr anymore!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 AM

W124
Is it me or is it kinda blocking the way?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 AM

1995 S14
I am putting mine on the dash when I get a GPS for it. Window is a little intrusive.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E500 AMG PKG/2010 Camaro SS/RS - 2007 F-150 - 2007 Suburban
Originally Posted by shadowgriffen
Dude, isn't that illegal?

I dont know about your state, but here in MA it is illegal to have anything obstructing your view.
I thought in California it was illegal to have ANYTHING attached to the window - via a suction cup specifically.?. My neightbor traveled to cali and was told he could not "suck" his Garmin Navigation to the window of the rental b/c of some law.

Whjen and where can you get the navigation upgrade for the PSP?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by Parshman
I think thats illegal in all states...... Go SOX......too bad we can't say wicked Nomarrrrrr anymore!
haha! yea baby!

LOL @ nomah!

Saw your add on craigies
Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 300ce
yeah, I don't know about sticking that thing in the middle of your windshield. Pretty dangerous if you ask me.

I've never really been the guy who is really into watching movies in the car. I can see doing it if it's a minivan or SUV and the movies are for the kids or something. Other than that, I feel like it's mostly for show. Just my opinion.

I've thought about Nav, and that might be cool... but even then, there has to be a more elegant solution than just sticking it to your windshield with the cords all over the place... I don't mean to be rude.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:11 PM

1988 300E
Originally Posted by Koolwipski

Whjen and where can you get the navigation upgrade for the PSP?

Well its already out in Japan, and not expensive at all. Its like 54$. So I guess we have to wait until something comes out for North America. I was googling PSP GPS and there is a DIY and BOOM, your PSP becomes your navigation.

I myself am very much considering getting a PSP and setting it up in my car. Maybe not so high up in the windshield, hopefully they have something that you can hook up to the center vents. It would be pimp.

Its better than having a different thing for GPS and another for your videos. You can get all in one for like quarter the price.

Bigger screen, soo much more options, games, music, movies, pictures and GPS !! Those Sony guys are genius I tell ya !!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:13 PM

1995 S14
Originally Posted by xudeck
Well its already out in Japan, and not expensive at all. Its like 54$. So I guess we have to wait until something comes out for North America. I was googling PSP GPS and there is a DIY and BOOM, your PSP becomes your navigation.

I myself am very much considering getting a PSP and setting it up in my car. Maybe not so high up in the windshield, hopefully they have something that you can hook up to the center vents. It would be pimp.

Its better than having a different thing for GPS and another for your videos. You can get all in one for like quarter the price.

Bigger screen, soo much more options, games, music, movies, pictures and GPS !! Those Sony guys are genius I tell ya !!
Glad to hear another person is going PSP, not Tom Tom
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM

2008 BMW 328i
Not obstructive at all. I see perfectly fine. It's that that deep in the windshield, it's popped kind of out so you can see perfectly fine. And as for illegal, I've seen tom toms and crap like that on windshields all the time, and radar detectors, etc. If it is illegal then I'll take it off if I get pulled over. Same with my EuroPlate, Parked right next to a cop actually and he saw it and didn't care . CHP patrol car saw it too.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 PM

1994 White an Grey E320 "Shado"
Not obstructive at all. I see perfectly fine. It's that that deep in the windshield, it's popped kind of out so you can see perfectly fine. And as for illegal, I've seen tom toms and crap like that on windshields all the time, and radar detectors, etc. If it is illegal then I'll take it off if I get pulled over. Same with my EuroPlate, Parked right next to a cop actually and he saw it and didn't care . CHP patrol car saw it too.

Have checked with an officer (that works with me here) while online with this thread. In any state you go that is illegal to have on the windshield. It is called "Obstruction of view" and you will get a ticket for it. If you are caught watching/playing with it while driving you may have to deal with worse.

So word to the wise you are takin a chance...adjust accordingly.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:24 PM

1995 S14
Originally Posted by DarkHand
Have checked with an officer (that works with me here) while online with this thread. In any state you go that is illegal to have on the windshield. It is called "Obstruction of view" and you will get a ticket for it. If you are caught watching/playing with it while driving you may have to deal with worse.

hmmmm. How would the fuzz know if he was "watching" it or not. They could easily mistake the GPS in a car with a video...right? That is just weird. I do agree with the obstruction law, but whether or not the screen is on and playing should not concern the law due to factory installed GPS systems these days that are VERY close to the steering wheels and in the drivers vision. Just my thoughts. Why don't police concentrate on the freaks that play pr0n on their big *** flip downs. (I have seen it two nights this past week, very disturbing)
Old 03-14-2007, 09:27 PM

2008 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by Garfunkle_W124
hmmmm. How would the fuzz know if he was "watching" it or not. They could easily mistake the GPS in a car with a video...right? That is just weird. I do agree with the obstruction law, but whether or not the screen is on and playing should not concern the law due to factory installed GPS systems these days that are VERY close to the steering wheels and in the drivers vision. Just my thoughts. Why don't police concentrate on the freaks that play pr0n on their big *** flip downs. (I have seen it two nights this past week, very disturbing)
Yea, It's not like I'm gonna watch movies while I drive or play Ridge Racer, LOL. It's just a music source for my head unit. And when you see it in person it's actually quite small compared to the windshield. And if I get a ticket well I'm the one who's going to have to pay it, soooo, darn.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 PM

1995 S14
Yea, It's not like I'm gonna watch movies while I drive or play Ridge Racer, LOL. It's just a music source for my head unit. And when you see it in person it's actually quite small compared to the windshield. And if I get a ticket well I'm the one who's going to have to pay it, soooo, darn.
preach on brotha. I will have my PSP in soon, just on the dash instead of window. You gonna get that snazzy GPS?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:35 PM

1988 300E
"concentrate on the freaks that play pr0n on their big *** flip downs. (I have seen it two nights this past week, very disturbing)
Whats disturbing? The freaks or the **** ?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
I do agree with the obstruction law, but whether or not the screen is on and playing should not concern the law due to factory installed GPS systems these days that are VERY close to the steering wheels and in the drivers vision.
there's a big difference between gps and video displaying on the screen, when it comes to safety. i have a flip-out, and sometimes i'll burn music videos and play them through the system. i put in a kill-switch so if i ever get pulled over the screen will just go blank and give the 'video can not be displayed while car is moving' or whatever message. i only used it a handful of times, and then got bored of it. should have just got a normal head unit. oh well...
Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 PM

2008 BMW 328i
preach on brotha. I will have my PSP in soon, just on the dash instead of window. You gonna get that snazzy GPS?
Sadley the PSP solution will only be temporary . I plan on getting one of those Pioneer AVIC-N3's head units with flip out monitor . And burn all my music on a DVD, but yea, that's like $1,100. Might take a while . Once the GPS for PSP DOES come out, hopefully soon. -_- I'd still buy it anyways, pretty inexpensive for a mobile GPS solution
Old 03-14-2007, 11:19 PM

2008 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
there's a big difference between gps and video displaying on the screen, when it comes to safety. i have a flip-out, and sometimes i'll burn m........
!!!! You have a flip out? :O!!!! Did you install it yourself or get someone to install it for you? Like I said I want the AVIC-N3 but am weary due to the A/C controls right above the HU bay. Does the monitor flip out fine without any problems?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:43 PM

1989300CE(sold),1996Accord,02CBR954
Originally Posted by DarkHand

I know people thats been pulled over for having the tree air fresheners hanging from their mirror....
Old 03-14-2007, 11:56 PM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
Originally Posted by bjay51d
I know people thats been pulled over for having the tree air fresheners hanging from their mirror....
in Jersey?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:59 PM

!!!! You have a flip out? :O!!!! Did you install it yourself or get someone to install it for you? Like I said I want the AVIC-N3 but am weary due to the A/C controls right above the HU bay. Does the monitor flip out fine without any problems?
I have a clarion flip out.You have to rig it so the radio face sits out about an inch.I used electrical tape and taped over a few peices of plastic.I also squeezed my cage so my unit would stay put.Its been working out great for me.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by battlecat714
in Jersey?
Yes sir....Theres a town thats notorious for doin this to black & tan people.I never heard of caucasians get pulled over for this bull****.And they have those big *** dream catcher
Old 03-15-2007, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
yeah, what bj said, pretty much. instead of the face being all the way to the back near the ashtray, it's in line with the ac controls, and then flips out. it looks okay, as long as you dont look at it from underneath, not that anyone will have their head on the floor of the car. well, there was that one chick that time, and she did this thing where..
anyway, yeah, it looks okay!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 AM

2008 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
yeah, what bj said, pretty much. instead of the face being all the way to the back near the ashtray, it's in line with the ac controls, and then flips out. it looks okay, as long as you dont look at it from underneath, not that anyone will have their head on the floor of the car. well, there was that one chick that time, and she did this thing where..
anyway, yeah, it looks okay!
LOL, what about three chicks? With the seat all the way back . lol, Is there any chance you might have a pic of the HU?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSP Windshield Mount